Posts By Verizon Representatives
tawest64

Today I see where Verizon reps have posted near the end of each thread detailing problems with not receiving texts or calls, battery drain, etc.  They are telling us that Samsung/Verizon is aware of the situation and are feverishly working on a solution blah blah blah. 

REALLY?

Or are you just trying to pacify us?  Prove otherwise.

My family (3 of us have this phone) are still not receiving random calls and texts....some we do, some we don't. 

0 Likes
Re: Posts By Verizon Representatives
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Same here they keep putting SOLVED on our posts and there has not been a Solution as far as I can tell

As far as I can tell when you are still missing calls it is not Solved  or am I Missing Somthing

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

wardcst24 wrote:

Same here they keep putting SOLVED on our posts and there has not been a Solution as far as I can tell

As far as I can tell when you are still missing calls it is not Solved  or am I Missing Somthing

Same here...
0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello members,

We are aware and Samsung is working on a permanent fix, however, I do agree that is not a solution.  I did recognize a post earlier today that I removed the solved on the response.  Samsung is making strides and are in the process of validating the solution now.  We will keep you all updated as we get closer to the resolution.  We appreciate your patience. Thank you. 

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

TominqueBo_VZW wrote:

Hello members,

We are aware and Samsung is working on a permanent fix, however, I do agree that is not a solution.  I did recognize a post earlier today that I removed the solved on the response.  Samsung is making strides and are in the process of validating the solution now.  We will keep you all updated as we get closer to the resolution.  We appreciate your patience. Thank you. 

Thank You

And look forward to hearing from you

0 Likes
indianafanatic
Enthusiast - Level 3

TominqueBo_VZW wrote:

Hello members,

Is it not reasonable to expect Verizon to let Fascinate owners know at least what the problem actually is and in what current stage the "fix" is in?  In my experience, giving unsatisfied customers vague assurances of remedy and empathy are rarely successful.  Tell us what the actual problem is, tell us what the solution is and tell us how close that solution is (in terms of days/weeks/months/years/decades/whenhellfreezesover/etc...).  I understand, too, that corporations don't like to make statements that put them on record as admitting fault, problems or negligence, but honesty is the best policy.

"We are aware".   "Making strides".  "In the process of validating now".  "We will keep you updated".  "We appreciate your patience"...  These are all very nice things, but dance around the question that is being asked by so many members in this forum: "What has been done so far, what's left to do and how long will it take to do it?"  I have been fortunate enough to suffer these problems to a much lesser extent than most here.  My only fear is that when I do have severe problems, I will be just as frustrated as everyone else.

0 Likes
randallg

I agree with indianafanatic 100%..

Please treat us as you would want to be treated and let us know what is being done.  How would you feel if a loved one was in the hospital and the doctor gave you such vague answers..."We are aware".   "Making strides". "We will keep you updated"?  I would be willing to bet you would confront the doctor and say those type of answers are unacceptable.  Keep your customers informed as to the progress and anticipated solution ate and you'll find a much more accomodating and patient customer base.

0 Likes
taym0704

Verizon,

I've been a customer for over 10 years now or my family has at least. I've dealt with some ridiculous problems on phones. I was on my 5 Android and was finally given a refurbed Fascinate and before the update every now and then I'd have days where I wouldn't recieve texts or mine wouldn't be sent or my phone would simply not let me place or recieve calls because it froze up. It's all fine and dandy until someone is in an emergency situation. I've been in a car accident before and the only way I could get a hold of my parents was by using my cell phone I had right next to me in the car. Now what if I my phone wouldn't have called out? Or what if someone is in another life threatening emergency situation and can't call out at all? Then what do you say? I just hope the issue on this phone gets fixed fast otherwise customers with these phones do deserve a $100 credit towards a new phone and if the problems continue for a month you should pay the bill for that line that the fascinate is on. There are some features I love about this update but not recieveing calls or texts is a problem. Especially if you work from your phone.

0 Likes
cbndc

I've had countless calls with Verizon and Samsung over the last few days and no one (Level 1-3 tech) will acknowledge that there was an update sent OTA after 2.2.1.  I tried to explain that after this update (figured out if was EDO4 from posts) my battery dies in 1/2 hr.  After a hard factory reset the battery issue was not resolved.  I was sent a new phone which also died in 1/2 hr if I used the phone (text/internet) for a minimal amt of time.  Everything is turned off on the phone that can possible be.  Verizon said last night that they would send me a new battery but apparently your warehouse is out of stock and so is every store within 30 miles of my home and/or work.  BTW, it took me 1 1/2 hrs to get figure that out.

Today, one of the techs from last night called and offered a replacement phone (samsung continuum, htc incredible2, or LG vortez).  I don't want those phones, I want the phone that I purchased less than 5 months ago (and 2yr contract).  The rep said that she didn't think they would ever get batteries (still doubtful it's a battery issue) for the fascinate since this phone was not being sold any longer.  Additionally, she couldn't send me out another refurbished Fascinate...they didn't have any (but I got one yesterday). 

I find it hard to believe that a battery for this phone will not be available from Verizon when there are a lot of these phones  still under warranty.  And, it's upsetting that Verizon and Samsung keeping pointing the blame to each other; this wouldn't happen with Blackberry. 

Verizon customer service/support has declined tremendously and I am very close to dropping my service.  I agree with the others that the responses we are getting is just nothing more words.  All of us purchased phones that are virtually useless and paying for plans that we are not able to utilize.  And, I will not carry a charger around with me like one Verizon rep suggested last night because she insisted that it was the user (me) that was causing the battery issue.  Well, I hope she has a nice day because I reported her actions to her superiors today.

Frustrated!

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

cbndc wrote:

I've had countless calls with Verizon and Samsung over the last few days and no one (Level 1-3 tech) will acknowledge that there was an update sent OTA after 2.2.1.  I tried to explain that after this update (figured out if was EDO4 from posts) my battery dies in 1/2 hr.  After a hard factory reset the battery issue was not resolved.  I was sent a new phone which also died in 1/2 hr if I used the phone (text/internet) for a minimal amt of time.  Everything is turned off on the phone that can possible be.  Verizon said last night that they would send me a new battery but apparently your warehouse is out of stock and so is every store within 30 miles of my home and/or work.  BTW, it took me 1 1/2 hrs to get figure that out.

Today, one of the techs from last night called and offered a replacement phone (samsung continuum, htc incredible2, or LG vortez).  I don't want those phones, I want the phone that I purchased less than 5 months ago (and 2yr contract).  The rep said that she didn't think they would ever get batteries (still doubtful it's a battery issue) for the fascinate since this phone was not being sold any longer.  Additionally, she couldn't send me out another refurbished Fascinate...they didn't have any (but I got one yesterday). 

I find it hard to believe that a battery for this phone will not be available from Verizon when there are a lot of these phones  still under warranty.  And, it's upsetting that Verizon and Samsung keeping pointing the blame to each other; this wouldn't happen with Blackberry. 

Verizon customer service/support has declined tremendously and I am very close to dropping my service.  I agree with the others that the responses we are getting is just nothing more words.  All of us purchased phones that are virtually useless and paying for plans that we are not able to utilize.  And, I will not carry a charger around with me like one Verizon rep suggested last night because she insisted that it was the user (me) that was causing the battery issue.  Well, I hope she has a nice day because I reported her actions to her superiors today.

Frustrated!

Thank You for going ahead and reporting inappropriate behavior by some verizon support staff
0 Likes