Re: Previous Note 7 owners - how do we upgrade to the Note 8 without being penalized by Verizon?
scottymo247
Enthusiast - Level 2

okay, but then you still have to pay verizon off for the remainder of the phone, since you are sending it to Samsung, correct?? So now we are paying Samsung for the Note 8, and Verizon for the replacement phone

Re: Previous Note 7 owners - how do we upgrade to the Note 8 without being penalized by Verizon?
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

I did read through all of the responses and like others, am not overly happy with the post Note 7 issues, however, I did some research on the Note 8 trying to decide if I wanted to do the upgrade.  I find my S7 Edge cumbersome at times; slow, sticky, and was trying to decide if I wanted to upgrade to the Note 8.  I am even now in the process of trying to make sure everything is backed up (another issue in and of itself) prior to doing a factory reset in the hopes of speeding things up again and getting rid of some of the quirks that have been occurring.

While most everyone is set on the Note 8, the "upgrades" to the phone are not all that positive but early previews of the note 9 seem more positive with better changes.   Given the research I have done, I have made the decision to wait for the Note 9 and bypass the entire "8" series of phones.

SjkNak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I know that Samsung is doing this, but no I wouldn't have gotten the Note 8 if I had my Note 7.

I still had my Note 3 when I upgraded, which I what a lot of us who has had a Note waited to do, because Samsung got rid of the SD card on the Note 4&5. So, I would have kept my Note 7, until maybe the Note 9 or 10.

mama23dogs
Legend

I don't get the big deal.  You've all been paying $25-$30 or so a month for a phone, which everyone seems willing to do perpetually to have the latest and greatest phone.  Financially this is a break even.  So why the fuss? 

Why should any carrier be part of it?  

They didnt build the faulty phone.  Not any carriers fault. 

matthewzim1988
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel its not asking much to be able to trade the 37 edge in and get the promo trade in value to pay off my current s7 edge. Ill even start fresh paying the full price for the note 8 I don't care. But what I'm not going to do is pay 580 up front and wait 3 or so months for my bill credit for 400 or whatever it is they're offering. I know its not Verizon's fault but they are a multi million company who could easily appease and keep tons of loyal customers by just letting us get out of the contracts on our current phones and get the note 8.

matthewzim1988
Enthusiast - Level 2

meant s7 edge my bad

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

I think the issue is that people don't want to drop the money up front that is needed to pay off the phone in order to get the Note 8 with the discount.  It is a pay now in order to get future credit later that is the problem. 

While I have made the decision to wait until the Note 9 makes its appearance, I do agree with the complaints. Apply the offered credit to pay off the phone and buy the Note 8 at full cost.

The customer gets what they want and Verizon doesn't lose any money off it.

CANWAS45
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes tk3765, THAT is precisely the issue. Having to come out of pocket $400+ when Verizon is already offering up to $480 for a trade-in is ludicrous. They should just apply that money to the device payoff and everyone would be happy.

RACBRO3
Enthusiast - Level 3

https://www.facebook.com/groups/352826418481464 -- Join our fight against this nonsense! The more people we get, the more likely they will hear us. It is a shame because we aren't asking for anything special. We are not asking for anything that they aren't already offering. They just need to distribute the "50%" differently so we are not out $500-$1000 depending on which promo we go with.

mama23dogs
Legend

Then they can go with Verizon's trade in offer, which is very generous.  No carrier should pay for Samsung's mistake or customers choice to upgrade to a $700 phone.   People could have gone back to an old phone, or bought a cheap phone to tide them over for 10 months.

0 Likes