Re: Previous Note 7 owners - how do we upgrade to the Note 8 without being penalized by Verizon?
TedKord
Contributor - Level 1

Note 4 still had the SD card. Only the Note 5 didn't.

0 Likes
Re: Previous Note 7 owners - how do we upgrade to the Note 8 without being penalized by Verizon?
Torij1825
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah I understand that. When I try and preorder through verizon they are saying my s7edge is only a trade in value of 125$ so instead of getting 425 I'll only be getting 125

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon is offering $480 to be credited over the 24 month payment period effectively reducing the cost of the Note 8; it isn't an upfront trade-in credit and is being offered to all Note 8 pre-orders; not just the Note 7 crowd.

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Belay my last; now I am not so sure of the automatic $480 credit over the course of the payments.  Just to run numbers, I indicated I wanted to pay off the Edge and pre-order the Note 8; the words were confusing, however, as it said that I could pay off the Edge and keep it; there was no option to trade it in; OK, I was figuring to go through the trade-in option at the checkout screen.  Problem is, when I went to do the trade-in, the Edge was NOT a part of the list, but, there was a sentence indicating something about the trade-in value (of my Note 4 which was the only trade-in available) might increase with the promotion if I was switching over to Verizon.  So now, the question is, is the $480 reduction in the cost of the Note 8 only being offered if people are actually switching to Verizon and why isn't the S7 Edge a part of the trade-in possible lineup?  Going on this, it looks like that unless the Edge is fully paid BEFORE the whole pre-order starts, it won't apply the promotional credit even if intent to pay the balance owed is indicated.  Could be the system is set up for only one major transaction at a time instead of bundling everything into one session, but the sentence about switching to Verizon still bugs me.

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

[Removed]

Contact Corporate to access your options Leadership | About Verizon ; they are willing to negotiate on a case-by-case basis but ask many questions to make sure you fully understand the options.

Next, if a balance is owed on the phone, you can't do a single transaction on the pre-order (only available online); it won't fire the promotional trade-in credit (for example, my Edge didn't show up as a trade-in option going through the regular trade-in process).  The phone has to be paid off in one transaction, then, the customer can go back and do the pre-order.  No matter how it goes down, the phone must be paid 100% before becoming upgrade eligible whether online or in the store (once the pre-order period ends and regular inventory is available).

Pre-order ends on 14 September; on 15 September the note 8s will be available in the stores, dependent upon individual store inventory.  It is possible that more promotions may be offered once the pre-order period ends but never any guarantees there.

discussion of moderation removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

gatorsrise7
Enthusiast - Level 3

This has been my argument for years and have spoken to corporate on several occasions about just that. They continue to cater to the new customers and leave us longtime customers in the cold. I to was a note 7 owner that opted to go with the Moto Z play for this very reason. I knew that they would require us to pay those things off 100% before anything could be done to get a new device. I have been with them for 17 years. If T-Mobile has better coverage where I am would have jetted over to them. 

TechnoGeek4Life
Enthusiast - Level 2

Who exactly from that list of executives do I have to contact to be allowed to turn in my s7 edge at 50% pay off to get the note 8?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure to address any confusion with the Note 8 promotion for 50% off with a trade in. This promotion is available for all customers. Both new and current customers can take advantage of the promotion. This promotion only applies 50% off if you trade in: Apple iPhone 7 or 7 Plus, Google Pixel XL, LG G6, Motorola Z Force, Samsung GS7, GS7 Edge, Note 5, GS8, and GS8 Plus. Other devices qualify, but the discount is lower. For more details, follow this link, https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/samsung-galaxy-note-8/ (select “See offer details.” on the top right of the device's picture).

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RICWOL93
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in the same boat here.  I got all the options everyone else was offered but Verizon doesn't understand where we are coming from.  We all basically wasted our upgrades on a defunct phone and now we pay the price. 

I tried switching to T Mobile last week.  They agreed to pay off my balance owed on my S7 Edge.  All I had to do was pay a 210 down payment on the Note 8 plus the activation fees and I'd be set.  I would get to keep the S7 edge and use that until the Note 8 came out.  UNFORTUNATELY, Verizon has the S7 locked so it will not work on T Mobiles network.  I am seriously considering going in on launch and switching over then especially given the recent news of Verizon throttling of speeds.

Out of curiosity has anyone had any luck contacting any of those corporate execs?  I doubt they would help.

CANWAS45
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to speak to someone in the Executive Offices yesterday and I am very pleased with the outcome.

All I can say is that if you haven't yet sent an email to their Executive Team, I HIGHLY SUGGEST you do so. After I sent that initial email, I got an email response with instructions on how to call in and speak to someone (I posted that a couple of days ago). It did take me leaving two voicemail messages and sending to follow up emails before I got a returned call, but as I started by saying, I am very pleased with the outcome.

I would hope that Verizon would make some changes so that all Note 7 owners wouldn't have to go through this process (and I did express that), but for now, this seems like the best alternative.

0 Likes