Pricier Corporate Email plan needed to use Exchange/Activesync on Fascinate?
lancorp

I purchased two Fascinate phones as gifts for Christmas (and as such, won't be able to turn them on or activate them until Christmas), but wondered about using Exchange/ActiveSync on them.  I run my own Exchange Server to handle the family email (I'm in the IT industry), and have enjoyed the push email capability FOR FREE on my iPhone.  

Will the Fascinate phones work with Push (ActiveSynch) email if I have the PERSONAL email plan?  The phones are for the kids, so I cannot see paying the much higher cost for the Corporate Email plan, but would like to use the more reliable, native feature of the phone and not having to pay through the nose for it!  Knowing Verizon, I fear they tweak the phones to remove that feature if my plan doesn't support it.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Pricier Corporate Email plan needed to use Exchange/Activesync on Fascinate?
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

it will work fine without the higher plan so don't let them try to talk you into it.  The only reason to go with the 44.99 plan would be if you have a blackberry on a BES.

0 Likes