Printing or emailing texts
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone know how to say print a multiple text conversation between two persons on the Fascinate?  Or does this have to be done one at a time?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Printing or emailing texts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
You could use one of the various backup applications for SMS. Some apps will email the messages to an email address or they can save to the sd card. They are available on the Market and you should be able to find one that fits your needs.

I use sms backup & restore. It saves to the sd card in an xml format. You can then copy or email that file to your computer. You can open that format with several programs (excel and Internet Explorer are ones I am aware of).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

one by one with the stock SMS app, there may be other apps out there that let you e mail whole conversations, though.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Maybe something like https://market.android.com/details?id=tv.studer.smssync or https://market.android.com/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync  There are a couple other options on the market too.

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok so both you guys have the upgrade. Even with that you would need an app to do what I am wanting to do?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
You could use one of the various backup applications for SMS. Some apps will email the messages to an email address or they can save to the sd card. They are available on the Market and you should be able to find one that fits your needs.

I use sms backup & restore. It saves to the sd card in an xml format. You can then copy or email that file to your computer. You can open that format with several programs (excel and Internet Explorer are ones I am aware of).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Unless I'm overlooking something incredibly easy a 3rd party app or manually forwarding each message is the only way

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

ladybell wrote:

Ok so both you guys have the upgrade. Even with that you would need an app to do what I am wanting to do?

touchwiz is touchwiz, it's been updated here and there, but that function has not been added to the touchwiz sms app in 2.2.

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok so then if I have a different launcher then can I have the option to do this you think?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Don't think changing the launcher does anything to the messaging app.  And besides the option isn't there PERIOD.  I've had the OG Droid, Fascinate and now the Thunderbolt and none of them had/have that capability.

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I did take ann154's advice and got a 3rd party backup application that will do what I need so thanks for the tips and info guys!

0 Likes