Problems after 2.2 update
Goomblah
Enthusiast - Level 2
My alarms will not go off since the update. I have fine a soft reset and they still do not alarm. The clock is on the status bar saying that they are set. I rely heavily on my phone for my alarm, I was late to work twice this week because my alarm did not go off. Anyone else having this problem?
0 Likes
Re: Problems after 2.2 update
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

You said that the alarm icon appears in the status bar. When you actually look at the alarm setting, is it still programmed to alert at the correct time/day?

0 Likes
Goomblah
Enthusiast - Level 2
Yes the alarm icon is in the status bar. And yes it is set to the correct time and day. I have even deleted all my alarms and reset them and they still do not go off.
0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

This problem seams to Have the same cause as the missed calls,and the SMS coming in a bunch at one time

I think they all have the same Cause

The Phone going in to deep sleep and not waking up

I have the call and alarm issue maybe the text also but I rarely text so I can't say for sure

VERIZON TECHS PLEASE READ THIS

THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT THIS IS SOMEONE TRYING TO POINT OUT ONE PROBLEM THAT MAY FIX MOST OF YOUR PROBLEMS WITH THIS PHONE

DEEP SLEEP IS THE PROBLEM

Calls,SMS,MMS,Alarm These are just symptoms of the problem

If you want the phone fixed pass this on to Samsung

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

wardcst24 wrote:

Correct.  3G doesn't want to wake up when phone does. I have has two conversations with Tier 2 support over exactly this. Supposed to pass on up the line to an engineer.

0 Likes
no_service
Enthusiast - Level 3
While I agree that deep sleep is a major problem concerning this issue, I just wanted to add that it is not the only problem. I have had the missed (call/text/fill-in-the-blank-here) problem just a couple minutes after using my phone and turning off the screen. It is definitely more likely to happen after the phone has been unused for long periods and Samsung certainly should be looking there, like you said, for a cause and solution of this issue. But just want them to also be aware that it does happen as well very shortly after actively using the phone. This is my first post here since I just got the Fascinate a few days ago. It came loaded with the latest software so I have no comparison to make to the original or pre-update software. 

wardcst24 wrote:

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

no_service wrote:
While I agree that deep sleep is a major problem concerning this issue, I just wanted to add that it is not the only problem. I have had the missed (call/text/fill-in-the-blank-here) problem just a couple minutes after using my phone and turning off the screen. It is definitely more likely to happen after the phone has been unused for long periods and Samsung certainly should be looking there, like you said, for a cause and solution of this issue. But just want them to also be aware that it does happen as well very shortly after actively using the phone. This is my first post here since I just got the Fascinate a few days ago. It came loaded with the latest software so I have no comparison to make to the original or pre-update software. 

wardcst24 wrote:

If you just got this a few days ago by all means take it back I think you have 15 days

Verizon should be ashamed of them Selves for not suspending all sales of this phone until it is fixed

Verizon Selling this phone WHEN THEY KNOW IT IS BROKE IS OUT AND OUT THEFT

No different than a store selling rotten hamburger

Guess there is a difference the hamburger you can throw out ---the Contract you are locked in for 2 years you still have to pay even though you don't have a phone to use on it

I think the rotten hamburger is the better deal

0 Likes
no_service
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wish it were that simple. I don't have the return grace period. This was Verizon's only "solution" to my complete lack of phone service, not to mention my many hours a day of troubleshooting I did for them and Motorola, for the last month because my Droid X was completely broken by the Gingerbread software update. After multiple X replacements I had to fight, swear, beg and scream to get a different phone. But they wouldn't let me have a new phone and would only let me choose from the Incredible, Droid 2, and Fascinate. So I ended up with a refurbished Fascinate. They told me I could not return it for anything but another refurbished Fascinate. And they had the nerve to tell me they were doing me a favor by "letting" me have a refurbished Fascinate since they were not required to provide a working phone to me even though I pay them monthly for phone service and am under contract. Verizon has become a truly horrible company with no conscience.

wardcst24 wrote: "If you just got this a few days ago by all means take it back I think you have 15 days Verizon should be ashamed of them Selves for not suspending all sales of this phone until it is fixed Verizon Selling this phone WHEN THEY KNOW IT IS BROKE IS OUT AND OUT THEFT"

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Goomblah wrote:
Yes the alarm icon is in the status bar. And yes it is set to the correct time and day. I have even deleted all my alarms and reset them and they still do not go off.

Thank you for your feedback Goomblah. Adding to what was stated in our inquiry, did you check to make sure your device was not in the vibrate mode when it was suppose to go off? Putting the device in vibrate mode will disable the sound from making a noise at the time the alarm is supposed to go off. Also, you can try to perform a soft reset on the device with the steps below to see if this resolves the matter. In additional, I spoke directly with Samsung. They are not aware of a Deep Sleep mode or a Sleep mode with the device that will affect the alarm. Also I was informed that the Froyo 2.2 software update did not affect the alarm to the current knowledge and resources. The Samsung rep suggested the soft reset as the next step in a possible resolution.

To perform a soft reset on your Phone.

1. Turn off the handset.

2. Remove the battery and wait for 30 seconds.

3. Reinsert the battery and turn ON the device.

0 Likes
no_service
Enthusiast - Level 3
This is not true. The alarm is still supposed to sound when the phone is in vibrate mode. Please learn the device before you post misinformation here and make people's problems worse. 

EdW_VZW wrote:

Adding to what was stated in our inquiry, did you check to make sure your device was not in the vibrate mode when it was suppose to go off? Putting the device in vibrate mode will disable the sound from making a noise at the time the alarm is supposed to go off.

0 Likes