Proximity Sensor/Lockscreen issue on calls
JPA
Enthusiast - Level 3

Prior to the recent software update, when I was on a call the proximity sensor would correctly turn the screen black  until I took the phone from my ear at which point I'd get the call screen and could press "end" to hang up.  Since the update, when I take the phone from my ear, it stays dark and I have to press the power button to bring up the lockscreen and unlock it to end the call or wait til the other party disconnects. 

Anyone else been experiencing this? Any suggestions or fixes? 

0 Likes
Re: Proximity Sensor/Lockscreen issue on calls
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
From your homescreen, menu>settings>call settings and make sure "keep screen awake" is checked.
0 Likes
JPA
Enthusiast - Level 3

That option does not exist under Call Settings on the Fascinate.

0 Likes
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

Try this! Select menu, applications, settings, sounds and displays, select screentimeout. 

Select one of the following settings:

15 seconds
30 seconds
1 minute
2 minutes
10 minutes
30 minutes

I have also provided a link for additional information. Click here http://search.vzw.com/?do=viewdoc&id=35216#timeout

0 Likes
JPA
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately, that doesn't provide a solution either.  This happens even when the call is shorter than the time set for the screen timeout.  And, as I mentioned, it was not an issue during the first couple of weeks I owned the phone.  This issue is being reported by a significant number of people on other forums.

0 Likes
Sanafol

I been having the same exact problem as JPA, it is an annoyance to have to press power button everytime I hang up. What is another resolution?

0 Likes
JPA
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now it is inconsistent. Happens sometimes, doesn't happen others.  I can find no pattern, no rhyme or reason to explain why.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Another thong that works on the Eris that you might want to try is vol down + call button.
0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
*thing* **bleep** swype.
0 Likes
stone1

I had the same problem.  I did not have it when I bought the phone.  I went back and looked at the apps I had installed since then and discovered a memory booster program I had installed must have been killing the system file that controlled the proximity sensor.  I uninstalled the app, powered down the phone and powered it up.  I no longer have the problem of taking the phone from my ear and it locking and screen going out keeping me from ending the call.  When I take the phone from my ear now I have access to the end call button.  Just thought I would mentioned it as a possible solution.

0 Likes