Question about Bluetooth
hap4220

When I make a phone call, I use my bluetooth earset but it doesn't work to listen to music or watching video clip.

There is no problem to phone call and listen to music with my wired handsfree microphone earpiece without any change.

Is there any way to listen to music with my bluetooth earset?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Question about Bluetooth
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

hap4220 wrote:

When I make a phone call, I use my bluetooth earset but it doesn't work to listen to music or watching video clip.

There is no problem to phone call and listen to music with my wired handsfree microphone earpiece without any change.

Thanks.

Bluetooth devices vary in prices and capabilities and not all Bluetooth devices support music profiles. When choosing a Bluetooth device check the supported profiles and make sure is compatible with your phone. Additionally, some phones do not support music profiles via Bluetooth and you will not be able to listen to your music with a Bluetooth device even if it support music profiles.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

hap4220 wrote:

Thanks.

I am not sure about a typical bluetooth earpiece but my wife used to use a Motorola Motorokr bluetooth headset with her phone that worked pretty good.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

hap4220 wrote:

Thanks.

Bluetooth devices vary in prices and capabilities and not all Bluetooth devices support music profiles. When choosing a Bluetooth device check the supported profiles and make sure is compatible with your phone. Additionally, some phones do not support music profiles via Bluetooth and you will not be able to listen to your music with a Bluetooth device even if it support music profiles.

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

Product :Total:smileytongue:hones & Fax Machines:US Mobile Phones:Verizon Wireless  23-11-2010

How to guides

Verizon Wireless : What Are The Bluetooth Specifications On My Verizon Wireless SCH-i500 Fascinate Phone?

What Are The Bluetooth Specifications On My Verizon Wireless SCH-i500 Fascinate Phone?

Bluetooth Specifications

Version:

2.1+EDR

IC Baseband:

Broadcom

Bluetooth 2400 MHz:

2402.0 - 2480.0 MHz

Supported Profiles:

A2DP:

Advanced Audio Distribution Profile

AVRCP:

Audio/Video Remote Control Profile

GAVDP:

Generic A/V Dist Profile

GOEP:

General Object Exchange Profile

HFP 1.5:

Hands-Free Profile

HSP:

Headset Profile

OPP:

Object Push Profile

PBAP:

Phone Book Access Profile

SDAP:

Service Discovery Application Profile

Supported Protocols:

AVDTP:

A/V Control Transport

OBEX:

Object Exchange

For more information regarding Bluetooth on the SCH-i500, click on the icon

AntonioC_VZW wrote:

hap4220 wrote:

Thanks.

Hey Antonio this is a Fascinate Forum, we are not asking questions about "some phones", above are the Bluetooh specs for the Fascinate, perhaps now you can directly answer the question you were asked by one of our esteemed members, with an answer specific to the Fascinate , not some phone. Thank you so much.

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

The Fascinate supports A2DP, if your Bluetooth device also supports A2DP you should be able to play music and navigation thru BT, you do have to go to BT settings and long press on your device name and under options check media on.

0 Likes