Question about contacts list
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I go to call someone or message them I click contacts and my contacts come up and I pick someone and another box pops up with work # or email address and same #  or email for home and I have to pick one to continue. My question is why do i have that when I only have one # for contact or one email address for a person. I used backup assistant when I got phone and didn't have duplicate numbers on old phone the EnV Touch. Did i do something wrong and if so can I get rid of it and make it where I click on person contact and that's it? Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Question about contacts list
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

Check your contacts to see if there are one or two listings for the same number.  Sometimes, you can create duplicate entries, especially if you've exported your contacts and imported them on the same phone.  You can do that by clicking on some of the people on your contacts list and seeing if there are any linked contacts to each (or sometimes it will show the same number twice on the individual).  If there are two listings for the same number, then you'll have to select which of those listings to call.  If you only have one listing, then you'll be able to call without selecting the number to dial.

So, in short, if you have two or more contact numbers for calls or two or more contact emails for emails, then you will have to select one when you go to place the call.

One way around this on calls is to set up speed dials so that you long press on the last number of the speed dial.  If it's a one digit number, you obviously long press on that number, but if it's a 2 or 3 digit number, you long press on the last one.  I believe it only goes up to 100 speed dials.  Anyway, that's one way around the selecting the numbers problem.  Unfortunately, for emails, I believe you would have to select it or delete one of the two duplicate entries (if duplicate entries exist).

0 Likes
Rashid

I no not what you talking about and Fascinate is not a env touch my friend so dont compare, you are now using a mini computer

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

This seems to happen when you have BOTH gmail contact lists AND local phone contact lists on your phone.

GMail lists are nice since they stay synced and backed up with your gmail account.

Local phone lists are nice because you can use them to assign ringtones etc. to specific people.

I get around this problem ( on all 3 of my Fascinates ) by just using the Phones local contact list.

ie.  I deleted all the 'gmail' contacts on the phone and did not sync with my gmail account for contacts.

( and I allow verizon's backup assistant to back them up in case of any issues. They can also

be edited on verizon wireless website using your account up there. )

It is kind of annoying to have to do this. Hopefully a better solution will come along with the OS upgrades/fixes.

0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks will look into that

0 Likes