Questions
crbush2

I just got the fascinate this week. Like everyone we have noticed a few glitches.

When my phone is on lock and I get a new text message the notification bar at the top tells me who the message is from and part of the message. Sadly, 95% of the time it tells me the wrong name that is from. I don't realize who it really is from until I unlock it and view the message. Is there anyway to correct this problem?

I know when you receive a text message the screen does not turn on. Is there anyway for the screen to light up when you receive one? I know I can download Noled, but I do not care for the app? Can you just have the screen turn on?

I have facebook to refresh every hour but it never notifies me when I have a new notification. I have turned on all notifications in my settings. Is there a way to fix this or will Froyo fix this? 

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Questions
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

crbush2 wrote:

I just got the fascinate this week. Like everyone we have noticed a few glitches.

When my phone is on lock and I get a new text message the notification bar at the top tells me who the message is from and part of the message. Sadly, 95% of the time it tells me the wrong name that is from. I don't realize who it really is from until I unlock it and view the message. Is there anyway to correct this problem?

I know when you receive a text message the screen does not turn on. Is there anyway for the screen to light up when you receive one? I know I can download Noled, but I do not care for the app? Can you just have the screen turn on? The only option for this currently will be the application.

I have facebook to refresh every hour but it never notifies me when I have a new notification. I have turned on all notifications in my settings. Is there a way to fix this or will Froyo fix this? 

Thanks

As for the facebook and text errors you will need to perform a factory reset to clear out all the system settings. The steps to do this are listed below:

1. Hold Home Button and press power (continue to hold until you see the triangle with an asterisk like in step 2)

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with asterisk

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Press Search Button (Far Right Button)

5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device

6. Select Yes to verify

7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)

8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot

9. Sometimes phone hangs after reboot and will take a while but if no response after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this)

0 Likes