Radios not working: Missing MEID and Baseband version after battery swap
jsw5050

Upon booting up after swapping batteries last week, I noticed that I wasn't getting any service (voice, 3G, 4G, etc.). I have seen this issue in the past, but it always fixes itself after a reboot. Not this time however.

I have rebooted, battery pulled, and even factory reset with no luck. Radios are still not working. I noticed in the settings> about phone> baseband version says unknown, and when dialing *#06#, the MEID is blank.

Phone is running stock 4.1.1, not rooted. Any ideas? Is it possible my radios were corrupted randomly, or maybe a hardware failure? If it's a software issue, how do I go about fixing it? Please help!

0 Likes
Re: Radios not working: Missing MEID and Baseband version after battery swap
TheDullah
Enthusiast - Level 3

Call Verizon so then can update/refresh,your sim card. or send you a new one

0 Likes
jsw5050

I just replaced my sim card to rule that out as a possibility. I still can't connect to any towers, and have a missing MEID and unknown baseband number.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Unfortunately, this sounds like a case of the bad hardware blues, jsw5050.
In that case, if there is still warranty on the phone, I recommend getting a replacement.
We need to make sure there is no physical or liquid damage (including corrosion in or around the charging port) in order for it to be replaced under warranty.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes