Ran out storage
michaelwckd

I have run out of storage space on my s5 galaxy. Is there an SD card that has been installed at factory or do I need to add one for additional storage space?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
wlm9700
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you go to settings under storage try clearing your cached data and miscellaneous files that should give you tons of space back.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
KSGerber
Contributor - Level 1

Besides the good previous posts of moving files such as photos or music or videos to your SD card . I used the MyVerizon app, went to Devices. Selected my device (Samsung GalaxyS5) and went to Run Device Health Check, it checked for problems and cleared around 3 GB of hidden Temp Files that I could not find in My Files (I was able to clear around 1 GB from My Files earlier). Clearing your internet temp files (if you use Google go to settings then privacy then  go to the bottom and select Clear Browsing Data), deleting old emails and re deleting them from trash can also help a lot.

wlm9700
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you go to settings under storage try clearing your cached data and miscellaneous files that should give you tons of space back.

0 Likes
Rattler1
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I purchased a micro sd, but how do I transfer data ther? SD shows all free but still showing device full? Still get phone out of storage messages. Help please

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

One option is to connect the phone to your computer via the USB cable and 'drag and drop' the files.  Another option is to use the My Files app to move files.  You should be able to move documents, photos, videos, and music files to the SD card.  Also ensure in the camera settings that you have the default storage changed to the SD card.

Rattler1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you! Will give it a shot.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You'll need to purchase a micro SD card; the S5 supports one up to 128 GB.

0 Likes