Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Random low battery warning since Gingerbread
micp879
Enthusiast

Hi all,

Like just about everybody else around here, I received the Gingerbread update within the last couple of weeks. For the most part, I have liked it, but there has been one major annoyance. On Eclair and Froyo, I would get the low battery warning at 15% battery life, 5% battery life, and then once more immediately prior to the battery dying. It was very consistent and very predictable. Now with Gingerbread, I seem to get the warning much more randomly, sometimes with almost 25% battery life still left, and the next time I get the low battery warning, my phone will often turn itself off, even with as much as 15% battery life still left. I can turn the phone back on again, but it is still quite annoying.

Has anyone else encountered this? Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? I have done a factory reset, but it didnt help. In fact, to make matters worse, it deleted my SD card contents, but thats a different issue. 

Thanks in advance.

Keith

0 Likes