Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Random screen sensitivity issue after 4.0.4 update
1977sjr

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this same issue with their G-Nex.  Ever since the 4.0.4 update, I've been having random screen sensitivity issues.  More specifically, at random times, I can no longer scroll or swipe through screens unless I push down with a lot of pressure.  This will happen in any app, game, website, homescreen, etc.  It will continue doing this until I put the screen to sleep with the power button, wait a second or two, and then wake it back up.  Then all is well again with the screen, but the problem returns on a consistent basis...sometimes after a minute, sometimes after 30 minutes.  It's annoying!  I baby my phone and never dropped it so it's not due to damage and I seriously doubt it's a hardware issue, especially because this only started happening after the software update.  I never had touch sensitivity issues prior to the update and I made a Day 1 purchase last year.  I have tried two factory resets, numerous reboots, battery pulls, SIM card pulls, etc. and nothing has helped.  I assume Verizon would replace the phone if I showed them the problem in a corporate store?

0 Likes