Rebate problems
GenePGI

I switched to Verizon in late May and bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 and an EDGE plan. As part of the deal a $50 rebate was offered on the S6. I filled out the paperwork, submitted all the required documents, and waited. After a few weeks I received notice that more information was required. (Not asked for on the original form.) I submitted the new info and waited again.

After another few weeks I was contacted and told that everything I submitted was in proper order and complete. However, the computer could not "validate" the information. The contractor, Parago, told me that they would escalate to some review committee and get back to me.

I just got notice again that everything about the rebate, including terms and conditions and my paperwork submittals, was correct. However, the computer still could not validate.

I purchased the phone and plan in a genuine Verizon store and met all the conditions, but I keep getting the runaround.

This was not related to trade-ins, broken screens, and anything about the old phone. This rebate was simply a discount on the new phone.

Anyone have any suggestions for a way to break this impasse?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Rebate problems
Snn5
Legend

GenePGI wrote:

The contractor, Parago, told me that they would escalate to some review committee and get back to me.

The contractor?  Like a 3rd party authorized retailer?

I purchased the phone and plan in a genuine Verizon store and met all the conditions, but I keep getting the runaround.

Corporate store?

0 Likes
GenePGI

I sent the rebate information to the address on the form, which was Verizon Wireless Rebate Processing in El Paso. However, all of the return contact has been from a company called Parago. I assume Verizon uses them as a contractor to process rebates. Many companies subcontract functions that are not part their core business.

Yes, I purchased from a genuine Verizon corporate store with genuine Verizon employees.

0 Likes
andrewrey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ialso was told I would get trade-in rebates and 2 200 dollar rebates for purchases.Just about ready to give up   feel like I was lied to.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Andrewrey,

We never want you to feel this way. Let’s locate your lost rebates. Did you have copies of the documentation? Did you receive a confirmation postcard? Did you try tracking the rebate http://bit.ly/1pWwBbu on our website?

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
andrewrey
Enthusiast - Level 2

tracking number is [Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
andrewrey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got another excuse to invalid my rebate.

0 Likes
andrewrey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone feel like they might have gotten taken.who besides vz do you complain to.ftc?bbb?Does anybody regulate the store to see what they are promising the customers?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you receive your rebate is important, andrewrey. Let's keep working at this. Did you receive the post card for resubmission? Did they explain why it was an invalid submission? Have you reached out to our team in the Switcher department? They can be reached at (844) 408-8470.

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ryanwquinn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes me!  I was not told I had only 30 days to submit my "buy one get one"  with new line activation promotional phone credit rebate.  I submitted my rebate 44 days after the purchase, with all the necessary documentation.  The promo code was s7-promo.  The only time frame I was aware of was the minimum 8 weeks it would take once my rebate was submitted, to see my visa pre-paid card.  Why does Verizon have 8 weeks and I only had 4?  Seems very unfair.  And after all, I would still be making payments for the device for an entire 24 months.  I was not informed at the store of the 30 day deadline.  Since Verizon has made the decision to take my money, I am leaving Verizon for T-mobile.  My monthly family plan cost $400 a month, I'm sure T-Mobile will be happy to have our business.  Also I've been with Verizon for 15 years.  Thanks for treating your long time customers so well.  15 years thrown away for 15 days, kinda ironic.