Receive texts with graphics?
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

This is not a huge issue, but I was just wondering...

A friend tried to send me a text with a smiley face in it, and my phone would not accept it.  She got the text sent back to her telling her that it could not be sent.  I got a weird text message that said "pic," I guess telling me that someone tried to send me a picture that it could not accept.

My friend just has a regular texting phone.  I would have assumed that a phone more advanced like the Fascinate would be able to accept graphics that are inserted into a text, espectially if it can accept videos.

Does anyone know why the phone did not accept it?  Is there something in the settings you have to turn on to accept graphics, or is there an app you have to download?  Again, I would have figured that the Fascinate would have no problem with graphic characters in a text message.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Receive texts with graphics?
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Enhanced Text Messaging or EMS handsets contain a selection of predefined sounds and graphics that can be included in an Enhanced TXT message to be delivered to another EMS handset.  If the other handset does not have the same predefined graphics or sound, there usually is a error.  Usually new devices will not have the same predefined sounds as older devices, as newer devices have more options for sounds and graphics. 

0 Likes