Receiving photos
Nanayoung
Enthusiast - Level 2

Whenever I receive a text with a photo attached, it downloads as a video with a very small picture.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I have checked every setting and I cannot find out how to fix it.  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Receiving photos
Nanayoung
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem solved!!!!  I emailed tech support who later the next day called. She wasn't sure what was happening & because I did not have another phone available to talk on while we troubleshot my phone, she emailed me with an 800 # to call back later.  When I called back later, I talked to a different person.  She knew immediately what my problem was, so I am going to share with all of you.  Whenever someone sends more than one picture in a text message, it shows up as a slideshow to you.  If you will hold your finger down somewhere blank in the text field (not on any words or the arrow to play the slideshow) the menu will pop up for you to save the attachment.  Then you can view it, edit it, ect.  Now why don't they put these instructions in the manual or on line?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using the stock text message application or something else?

On past android phones, that's how I remember the Pictures came to my phones. My Nexus is similar.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Nanayoung
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am unaware of anything other than the stock text messaging. thanks.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can long press the image to get the options to save the attachment. Once it is saved, you can view the image from your Gallery application under the Download folder.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Nanayoung
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried that with no results.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It works on my Galaxy Nexus. That is the phone you're using?

0 Likes
Nanayoung
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I just bought the Galaxy Nexus last week.  I tried to just press on the photo but no commands come up.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you long press the image (hold your finger on the photo for a few seconds), this is the dialog you should get.

IMG_20120821_104309.jpg

0 Likes
Nanayoung
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately, I do not get the message option.

0 Likes
Nanayoung
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem solved!!!!  I emailed tech support who later the next day called. She wasn't sure what was happening & because I did not have another phone available to talk on while we troubleshot my phone, she emailed me with an 800 # to call back later.  When I called back later, I talked to a different person.  She knew immediately what my problem was, so I am going to share with all of you.  Whenever someone sends more than one picture in a text message, it shows up as a slideshow to you.  If you will hold your finger down somewhere blank in the text field (not on any words or the arrow to play the slideshow) the menu will pop up for you to save the attachment.  Then you can view it, edit it, ect.  Now why don't they put these instructions in the manual or on line?

0 Likes