Reminder sound or ring for missed call; how do you set this feature?
FLParkFan

If I miss a call or text, is there a way to set the phone to make a beep, sound, etc .. until I pick up the message? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Reminder sound or ring for missed call; how do you set this feature?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Take a look at this link. And remember search is your friend.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Samsung-Fascinate/Repeat-Notifications-for-Voicemail-or-Texts/m-p/296100...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

The thread referenced in the previous post was the one I had asked about.  I would recommend "Missed Call" from the Android Store.  It has worked really well.  You want to make sure you download the one that says something like "Missed Call for Android 2.x" and not the one that just says "Missed Call."  I didn't pay attention at first and I downloaded the one that just said "Missed Call," and it did not work.

With Missed Call, you can set up ringtones or beeps at set intervals (every 5 minutes, 10, 15, etc.) to go off when you have missed a call or a text message.  You can also set the number of times the alert goes off before it stops.  For instance, if you have it set to alert you every 5 minutes, and you set it for 4 times, it will alert you at 5 minute intervals only 4 times (a 20 minute span) and then it stops alerting you.  I imagine this is to save the battery so it doesn't keep going off.

You can set different ringtones for missed calls (which would include if someone leaves a voicemail) and texts.  You may also be able to do picture messages as well.  You can also back up your settings to the SD card in your phone in case you ever need to re-set your settings.

For me, it has worked pretty well.  I was not happy when I first got the phone that this feature was not built in like my old phone had, which was primative compared to this one.  I didn't want to always have to be checking my phone everytime I left it to see if someone had called.  I like having an alert instead.

Hope it works.  Good luck! 

0 Likes
Jharn

I have the "Missed Call" App, but I have been trying to remove it to the Trash.  It doesn't want to delete to Trash.  Any other way to do this ?   I understand " Missed Call for Android 2.x" is a better App.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Are you trying to uninstall it?

Open Market and go to your downloads, scroll down until you get to the app. Select it, then select uninstall.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jharn

Thanks Ann154, that was Easy.  Kind of new to Apps, wasn't sure how to uninstall unwanted Apps, Thanks again.

0 Likes