Repeat Notifications for Voicemail or Texts?
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,

I just bought the Fascinate yesterday, and I have been looking on the web and at the online instruction book, but I can't seem to find a direct answer.

On my old cell phone, if you missed a call and it went to voicemail, or if you missed a text, you would get a repeat sound after so many minutes telling you that you had a voicemail or text message.  This is useful while I am at work and don't have my cell phone with me at all times.  I know on the screen of the phone itself that there are visual notifications, but obviously that only helps if you check your phone frequently.

Basically, I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to set up the Fascinate where it will keep playing a ringtone at set intervals (like every 30 minutes) to let you know you have a voicemail or text message.  Like I said, this was on my old phone.

If there is not a setting to do this, is there an app that does this?  I have read about other apps that will give you a visual cue like an LED indicator, but are there any apps out there that will repeat ringtones or other sounds until you pick up your voicemail or read the text?  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Repeat Notifications for Voicemail or Texts?
AZSALUKI
Legend

get "missed call." i have it and LOVE IT! i haven't tweaked much (and i know there's a lot more that the app does), but i have it now reminding me every 5 minutes if i've missed a call or a text. i also have it set to vibrate 3 long times when it's in vibrate mode so i miss fewer texts (i don't feel the normal vibrate when it's in my pocket a lot of the time.).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Leslie1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi my name is Leslie try doing a search through Google Market on your phone for a application that will make a repeat notifications for for voicemail and text.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

get "missed call." i have it and LOVE IT! i haven't tweaked much (and i know there's a lot more that the app does), but i have it now reminding me every 5 minutes if i've missed a call or a text. i also have it set to vibrate 3 long times when it's in vibrate mode so i miss fewer texts (i don't feel the normal vibrate when it's in my pocket a lot of the time.).

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you for the suggestions.  I will take a look at the app you mentioned. 

I know it is not a huge deal.  It is just that when I am at work, I don't have my personal phone with me all the time.  I don't want to have to get into the habit of checking my phone every time I come back into the office to see if I have missed a voicemail or text.  With my old phone, I had it set to notify me every 15 minutes that I had a text or voicemail waiting for me.  It would set off a ringtone every 15 minutes until I picked up the phone and checked. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you can do exactly that with missed call. it really is nice.

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

I took your suggestion and added Missed Call.  It was just what I was looking for!  Thank you very much for the suggestion.  To me, this has just made my phone all the better and I don't feel I need to check my phone constantly to see if I missed a call.

0 Likes
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2

AZSALUKI wrote:

Is this the app "Missed Call Deluxe" or "Missed Call for Android"??

I had the one for Android and it worked great, but lost it during the last OS update and since then for some reason it has been removed from the Market.

Help!

Ed sends

0 Likes