Re: Replace Note 7 with Google Pixel
ScottQuimby
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, bummer. I got the 256GB card and a bought a wireless charger. I'm going to put the card in its adaptor and use it in my SLR. I don't want the edge. The curved screen was a negative for me on the Note 7 but I accepted it to get everything else. I hope they do away with it in the future. Too scary and the screen protector options are not good. The thing I will miss most is Samsung Pay. That feature was so much better than Apple or Android pay. With the Pixel I'm hoping for good hardware and look forward to a phone with much less bloatware. I've owned an HTC before and really liked it. HTC is manufacturing the Pixel to Google's specs.

rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

The Pixel looked really good and HTC is a good company, no doubt, I have used their Inc2 for a long time. But I use Gear VR and 32GB will vanish in no time. Plus I have this negative thing about clouds. It is only after the fact ones finds out they been getting unwanted colonoscopies.

ScottQuimby
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I haven't been able to bring myself to pull the trigger on the Pixel today. The 128GB Pixel XL will be basically the same price per month as the Note 7 was. I'm having problems justifying the price for the features. And without an reviews beyond people fondling them for two minutes at a booth, I can't be certain that it's going to be worth the VERY high price. A Note 7 that didn't catch on fire seemed to be able to command the price, it was full of "features". Samsung pay, SD card support, stylus, and some gimmicks like iris scanning. It also got good reception in the boonies. What does the Pixel have? Supposed to have a good camera. Google assistant, cleaner software build. That seems to be about it. This is too bad. I may have to go back to my geriatric Note 3 if I can't find the value in the Pixel.

Piccolo-Pete
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ordered the Pixel XL as need large screen.
Q: Assuming it will ship on the 20th? Any news on that?

I do not HAVE a land line, nor any other mobile device to use until receive the PIxel, so I am keeping my Note 7 working until I get the new Google toy. Cannot be without a phone, so no, I will not power it down!!!
Q: If we ordered a PIxel, when will we get a box to return the Note 7?Will it come with the Pixel?

Google Pay is supposed to be good, Scott.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

You do realize if something happens you cannot hold Samsung liable and you can face charges, correct? Especially now that you made known your plans public?

0 Likes
JENPED42
Enthusiast - Level 2

Took over a month to get mine...what a regret that was.

0 Likes