Replacement problems /parts
arhodesit

As I have talked to customer service 3 times in the past WEEK about this phone and its issues I still have not had anything resolved.

ED05 seems as it didn't correct anything!

Battery life still sucks and as I spoke with VZW tonight, I am now "waiting" for VZW to "restock" batteries so that I can't get a new one sent to me.

My wife runs a business with her phone and as I told VZ tonight , she cannot operate by being plugged up to a charger.  However that didn't seem to matter.  In the past week I seem to be stuck with VZ trying to keep giving me a temp. fix for this phone and fro me being a repeat customer doesn't seem to matter either. 

So as of now I cannot get answers or a permanent solution for this phone however my DroidX works great was to go Samsung.

If anyone has any solutions please let me know. Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Re: Replacement problems /parts
softballmom88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just had to get rid of my Samsung Continuum because of battery issue.  Only had it since April.  They replaced my phone with an HTC Incredible 2.  They have batteries for that one.  They said normally my phone would have been replaced with a Samsung Fascinate however it seems that there are no batteries for that phone either.  I even called Samsung and they wanted me to send them my current battery for them to inspect.  During that time I would have been without a phone.  Approximately 1 month. They didn't have batteries either.  Verizon will work with you.  Good luck to you!

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

Have you done a factory reset?

Have you reformatted your sd card?

What kind of battery issues are you having? Android has a lot of leaks, 7-10 hours is all you are going to get.. at best.

Why should vzw care if you run a business off a cell phone? I mean really a cellphone?? WOW

0 Likes
arhodesit
She is only getting about 4 hours of battery life off a full charge and that'd without using it at all just in stand by....I've done numerous things as well as spoke to Verizon but now im just trying waiting ..... thanks for the smart remark... my wife is on the go 90% of the time so yes she has to use a cell phone for business which many people do these days.....
0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

arhodesit wrote: thanks for the smart remark...my wife is on the go 90% of the time so yes she has to use a cell phone for business which many people do these days.....

Well when you say

"My wife runs a business with her phone and as I told VZ tonight , she cannot operate by being plugged up to a charger.  However that didn't seem to matter"

It really doesn't matter..

Using a cell phone for business and running a business from a cell phone are two entirely different things..

One question, does she need to use the internet for her job or is she just needing voice and text? You could try turning off the mobile data when not in use. Also does she use bluetooth

0 Likes
Not applicable

Arhodesit, 

I understand why this issue would be frustrating for your wife and the importance of having a working phone. The ED05 update has resolved a lot of complaints other users have had with the battery and other issues on the Fascinate. Like one other poster suggested, has she tried a factory reset? Here are some battery saving tips for the Incredible, but are still relevant for your phone. If still having issues, I checked and we do have both the regular battery and extended battery in stock for this phone now. 

0 Likes