Re: Responsibility for Galaxy Nexus Update Delay?
bbradley64
Enthusiast - Level 1

I beg to differ with you. Verizon put their logo on this phone and has exclusive marketing rights to this device, so yes, in doing that they take on full responsibility for this phone and any and ALL issues associated with it.

ChoMee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would you please not type that so loudly, my wife may hear you and have her opinion confirmed that her husband needs to wait at least six months before he lets his hair catch on fire and run down to the Verizon store and buy the next greatest phone ever. 

fastearle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Learn to read....Verizon is responsible, like best buy covers thier items, we can just take them back and get a refund if we want...not at Verizon. Call it a rant if you want, i am right and if the update does not correct it, im certain there will be plenty of trouble. Good customer service is what they need to learn....you need to learn. it doesnt matter who made it or who programmed it. Verizon sold it to me without proper education of potential issues or product knowledge. Not my fault. If Verizon is going to sell it, they should be able to cover issues if it fails. After all, it was made to work on your network? Hmmm that would be good right? If not, Verizon will fix the problem if they want to remain a valid competitor...other companies are looking great and if I wasnt locked in, id already be gone. Times tickin....

0 Likes
Responsibility for Galaxy Nexus Update Delay?
Tidbits
Legend

show me something that flat out says Verizon is responsible.  From what I read... Google said they are responsible for updates and that's coming from Google CEO's, and their developers...  So you calling Google a liar?  I thought they had the "We do no evil" mantra.

0 Likes
fastearle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Really? So you're saying this is all Google? And no, the CEO of google didnt say that....But, i will concede that the updates come from them. It is also Verizons choice to use them. It is their network.

All that crap aside, they still sold me a phone that clearly was not ready. By your rationale you say that as soon as i walk out the door, Verizon is no longer responsible?

Get a grip, if they have a shred of customer service, they will take care of all of us regardless of who made what...that is the bottom line....

If they refuse? I will go up as high as I need to to get it resolved. They will take care of me no matter who is responsible for the hardware, software and service VERIZON sold me....

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Go through their help pages like I suggested multiple times.  Sift through it?  Remember what I told you earlier?  Sometimes PEOPLE(doesn't have to be reps) will give in and say what you want to hear if enough people don't listen, because they often feel it doesn't matter anymore.  Even you would do it.

0 Likes
fastearle
Enthusiast - Level 3

lol, don't think you know me slick. I know what was said...anyway, i have sifted...shouldnt have to. A call should fix all really. Where is the integrity? Got no help from Verizon, only a rude guy who wanted to sell to someone else...you know you do it too....anyway, ill bet your blood pressure is sky high looking at all the responses you give...aloha

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Google doesn't have phone tech support ever since their ADP devices.  You should be complaining for Google for doing everything strictly online for their developer devices...

As I said before even you will do it.  You do have a breaking point...

0 Likes
fastearle
Enthusiast - Level 3

We all do my friend....but when it cost me 700 for two phones w/accessories etc? I dont break and if they get impatient, i get a different rep....done it before, will do it again im sure

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I bought the GSM Galaxy Nexus for that price.  It has it own set of problems which still needs to be addressed, AND they are both on the same version of Android. So what's the problem?  I should be more impatient than you right?

0 Likes