Re: Responsibility for Galaxy Nexus Update Delay?
mjoonoos
Enthusiast - Level 1

I returned my Galaxy Nexus to Costco and Got a Motorola Razor Maxx-

0 Likes
fastearle86
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, maybe too seriously and honestly, moot. i got a great replacement that works better than anything i have had previously. I simply dont care for all the so called, research and fact finding and crap that many like him sling for no apparent reason but to stir the pot....

I suppose this is a place for people to vent and i did for a few days... Now I just reply for my own amusement. Childish as it may be, im entertained. However, would all be better served with the truth ans honesty? ... and by the way, maybe Verizon could by Google.....(Thats a poke that someone took too seriously) The quote i got was reputable and not some cheesy click site by the way.

I hear many have had trouble with customer service but I find it odd that I have not. They have been very helpful and have acknowledged the issues of the GN to me...Keep trying is all i can say and dont be afraid to ask for something different. I did and like another post, got the Razr Maxx....

<< Please refrain from personal attacks on other community members as per >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
walidmrealtor
Enthusiast - Level 3

CURRENTLY on the phone with Verizon.

The rep has confirmed there is NO time indicated for any update for the Galaxy Nexus.

Looks like we can scrap any hope of a May release.

Can anyone else confirm?

0 Likes
walidmrealtor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does the Galaxy Nexus direct from the Google Play store come loaded with 4.0.4?

Does anyone know? It's a GSM phone.

0 Likes
fastearle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not entirely and know that.

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

It does come pre loaded with Android 4.0.4, so does the Sprint's CDMA version.

0 Likes
walidmrealtor
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not interested in downgrading to a Razr.

0 Likes
MikeInATL
Contributor - Level 1

I just came from the local VZW owned store.  I dealt with the manager only.  He was actually helpful and has been the only one so far (that I've dealt with) that was sympathetic and admitted being very familiar with this phone and it's problems. 

He spent about 10 minutes in his system going back and forth and into different areas and he said he does NOT see any update.  However, I have no idea what "level of clearance" the VZW owned store manager would have, if they could even see that type of info.  Verizon seems to treat it as Top Secret. 

He asked me to give him 24 hours so he can reach out to others (hopefully above his "clearance level") to see if they can see when the OTA is scheduled.  He stressed that he will call me within a day, but as it stands, he does not see a scheduled update in the system for the Galaxy Nexus.  I'll post here if he was able to find out anything.

0 Likes
mikem84
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know alot of people are waiting for the current update hoping it will cure the problems. My personal experience is that does not. I've got 2 GNex and they have all the major problems listed in these threads. Did not fix signal strength, mic cut-out, or poor call reception. I don't if the 4.0.5 update rumored back in March will fix it either, there's been no info as to what is being fixed. There may be a specific update to fix this but I doubt it. I was in BB and Costco the other day and they both had customers at the counter complaining about this phone and all the clerks could do is tell them they can't do anything about it. What a shame.

0 Likes
mjoonoos
Enthusiast - Level 1

I returned mine to Costco and got the Droid RAZR Max

I like this although it is running on OS gingerbread

I was within the 90 day period

0 Likes