Re: Return Box?
rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

Very good Marcuss_vzw. I followed your advise and called customer support. I was fortunate enough to get a live soul in a reasonable amount of time. I was informed that Verizon is NOT sending out any fireproof boxes. These boxes are supposed to come from Samsung and the Note7 are to be returned to Samsung. This is news to me. Neither you or any of your fellow Verizon reps have said this in your posts.

So can you verify that my info is correct? secondly, how does Samsung get my mailing address if I have not registered the Note 7 on their website? and thirdly, how do I verify Samsung is sending me the return box to my home address (that is where I received my first Note7. I picked up my second Note 7 at a Verizon Corporate Store)?

Your response is greatly appreciated.

nlucier229
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will sit on the Note 7 until the box magically arrives. My main problem with this process is that if I didn't know a box was "supposed to be coming" due to not living under a rock, I would never have known since the "upgrade" process never mentioned it at all. I have had my new LG V20 since 10/21 (at least that part went smoothly), but have had no instructions on what to do with the Note 7 sitting on my desk. Shouldn't there have been some communication to me regarding this mythical box by this time? Currently my account on the website doesn't show me having a Note7, but I harbor no doubts AT ALL that Verizon would charge me for it in the case that they did not send me the box to return it. The original replacement changed my "upgrade date" even though it was a replacement and not a new purchase (although that was how it was sneakily processed), so I'm not exactly expecting the best for this return.

LIFEISGOODSWIM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I echo the same frustration.  I have yet to receive a box that was clearly stated from Verizon that we would receive one, upon doing an exchange.  The latest notification from Verizon was on Oct. 14th which stated this!  I spoke to a rep today who told me that they do not have the capability to order and send such box, and that I would need to go thru Samsung.  I was highly [Removed] when she stated this, and I told her that I am not calling Samsung.  She asked if I would rather for her to call, while I stayed on the line.  I told her yes, I would much rather prefer that, but that did not do much help because Samsung told her to access some link that she texted me which has nothing to do with ordering a box to return this item, and on Samsung's website, they are only doing recovery boxes if you directly purchased thru them, so it seems because you have to input your order # and email address associated with that Samsung order.  What it seems like, is that all other orders that were done thru our wireless carriers, we have to go thru them to send this item back....

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

LIFEISGOODSWIM
Enthusiast - Level 2

"but I harbor no doubts AT ALL that Verizon would charge me for it in the case that they did not send me the box to return it."

This is exactly what I am fearing!

candiceh_vzw
Verizon Employee

rgang50,

I certainly appreciate your patience with us during this time as we understand this recall has been a frustrating process. With regards to who sends out the box. I would like to clarify that it is actually Verizon Wireless. We are sending these recovery boxes out to our customers who still have a Note 7 that has yet to be returned. We are sending them out to the address where we shipped any of the devices to originally. This should clear up the information about how Samsung gets this information since it is actually coming from us and not them. I do apologize about getting so many different answers as this situation is changing frequently but the boxes should already be on its way to any one that needs to still return a Note 7. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns as we are definitely here for you.

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
nlucier229
Enthusiast - Level 2

While looking for the receipt to image for my LG V20 free headphones, I found a new order under "My Verizon", then "My Billing", then "Documents and Receipts" that was entered on 10/25 called "RECALLDEVICE Recall Sys Dr". I can only assume that it is the box as it has a zero dollar charge and 2-day shipping, also zero dollar. I still haven't been notified that this was coming and only saw it due to looking for something else, so the communication still is not being done adequately. Instead of Verizon trying to continually sell me an inferior iDevice constantly (or even better the email today recommending me to "upgrade" my LG V20 to an LG K8 V), I would have assumed (my bad I guess) that the Note 7 information would have been presented to me when logging in.

We'll see what tomorrow brings and hopefully the box itself has more information than what has been forthcoming so far.

0 Likes
rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

Very good Candiceh_vzw. As I have stated in another thread, I spoke with a live Verizon Wireless Rep and he told me that Verizon is not sending out return boxes and that I should be receiving it directly from Samsung. So you should sort it out among yourselves what is what, then post the info it in the bulletin section of this forum. Everyone will benefit that way from a singular Official announcement.

As far as I am concerned I have received a special box from a Fort Worth TX address. The instructions were clear in that they wanted just the Note7 to be returned. Details of how to pack the phone were clearly stated. This I have done and dropped it off at the nearest UPS Office. I am done and dusted with this Note7 experience.

Again thank you all the same for your clarification.

moore716
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ordered my new phone on Oct 12 and received the box to return my Note 7 today (26th).

diredup
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yea, I got mine today also.......man........rubber gloves and all. The phone goes in a esd bag, that goes in a box, which goes in a box, then that box goes in the special shipping box......the deed is done!!

TSARYTSIN
Enthusiast - Level 3

I  am not contacting anybody anymore about anything! Sitting on my second Note7 until they brick it or get this right. Box, shmox..