Returning the Fascinate after receiving replacement
bluestar
Contributor - Level 1
Does anyone know how/where to return the Fascinate? I received my Droid Charge in the mail yesterday and the box contained a return label for the Charge (per the 14 day return/exchange policy). Do I use this label to send back the Fascinate or is there another procedure I'm not aware of?
0 Likes
Re: Returning the Fascinate after receiving replacement
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

It depends on how you originally got the Fascinate. Did you purchase it online, or in-store? If it was online, you'll need to send it back via FedEx (or whoever Verizon used to send it to you) if it was in-store, you'll have to return it to that store.

0 Likes
geomimi

I received my Droid Charge in the mail yesterday

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I thought you could only get a Droid Charge by going to the Verizon store.

0 Likes
geomimi

___________________________________________________________________________________________

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3
They only have new ones at stores. The refurb scratch and dents are mailed out from warehouses.
0 Likes
bluestar
Contributor - Level 1

geomimi wrote:

That's correct. You can't order the Charge by phone. You have to go to a Verizon store and order one there through a sales associate but it arrives by mail.

0 Likes
Tarrant

bluestar wrote:

geomimi wrote:

That's correct. You can't order the Charge by phone. You have to go to a Verizon store and order one there through a sales associate but it arrives by mail.

In an instance where your local store is also unable to order you either a Charge or the necessary kit (battery, back plate), the phone reps -can- order you one as well.  But it's an exception to policy and they're generally not allowed to do so.

In my case, not only did the above happen, but the warehouse was flat out of reconditioned Charges, leaving them no choice but to ship me a brand new one (as I'm a rather.. err, forceful person and wouldn't accept the other options or any additional delay).  The order had to be approved by an assistant director, but it's a done deal and is scheduled to arrive today.

It's worth mentioning that although the assistant director sat on his or her keister for an additional 24 hours before approving the request, every VZW employee I've dealt with, both in person and over the phone, has been reasonable and professional.

0 Likes
RSDan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got my Certified Like New Charge today and guess what?  No battery, back cover or sim card.  Since nothing from my Fascinate will work on the Charge except the SD card, I guess I'm stuck with 2 non working phones 1 of which needs to be returned within 5 days.

0 Likes
geomimi

geomimi wrote:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is insane! Why have us go to the store and have it mailed anyway! Then get the phone with no back cover, battery or SIM card!

0 Likes
RSDan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got the SIM card today!  So now I have the phone+SIM, but still no back, battery, charger and any other stuff that comes with the phone.   Guess they caught the slow buss.  3 days left to return one of the phones.

0 Likes