Rhapsody & Samsung Fascinate
ineedthatpurse

I'm completely frustrated with my device and Rhapsody.  I am suppose to be able to drag and drop songs from Rhapsody into my device for listening without using the Rhapsody App.  However, when I connect my phone to Vcast/Rhapsody on my computer.. it wont let me transfer them without purchase.  I have discussed this issue with Rhapsody (of which I have been a paying member since 2004)  and they tell me I need to contact Verizon or Samsung.  

Has anyone had this issue, and/or been able to resolve it???

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Rhapsody & Samsung Fascinate
MrBikester
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK. This post pasted at the bottom of mine confirms my suspicions. It is the flow from the USB of the device. Will it be addressed? 

I spent another hour with Verizon Support today and we now have this sussed. The answer is not what you would expect, so read carefully! 

The DRM subscription track updating is now handled through the Rhapsody Droid application. The current version is 2.0.4.91 

In order to play your Rhapsody to Go tracks on your phone without using the "over the air" track transfer you need to do the following. Keep in mind you will be still transferring tracks wirelessly - so do this via wi-fi if you do not have an unlimited data transfer account with Verizon. 

1). Connect your phone to the Rhapsody Application on your PC via USB. Select "Mass Storage" as the transfer mode. A Removable Disk followed by a Drive Letter will appear in the Sources Window. The tracks will be listed in the tracks directory after the app scans your phone. 

2). Create a new playlist. 

3). Transfer tracks from your library that you would like on the phone to this new playlist. If you already have playlists set up, you are halfway there. 

4). On your phone, open the Rhapsody Android App. Go to My Playlists. 

5). Select the playlist you wish to transfer to your phone. In the center column at the top of the list is a "Download" arrow. Press this and downloading tothe phone will commence. Wi-Fi is best for this as it guarantees speedy download! 

6). The color of the track label changes from black to brown. This indicates it is now residing on your phone and can be played anytime, including "Airplane Mode". 

7). *IMPORTANT* This can only be done using the Rhapsody Android app. If this track is in your music player, it will not function. you can delete the track from your music player files to save SD Card space. These tracks will be stored in a different directory in the Rhapsody folder (rhapsody\files). 

That's it. Enjoy!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
moates
Contributor - Level 3

I have provided so information below that may help.

Try using the mass storage option on the device, and transfer the files to the SD card. I have listed the instructions below:

Mass Storage
http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=35463

Transfer to SD (Please note: Only DRM free / unprotected music can be transferred via this method. DRM protected content (e.g. songs downloaded via iTunes (not all iTunes songs are protected), Rhapsody subscription, etc.) will not play on this device.

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=35516

0 Likes
MrBikester
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK. This post pasted at the bottom of mine confirms my suspicions. It is the flow from the USB of the device. Will it be addressed? 

I spent another hour with Verizon Support today and we now have this sussed. The answer is not what you would expect, so read carefully! 

The DRM subscription track updating is now handled through the Rhapsody Droid application. The current version is 2.0.4.91 

In order to play your Rhapsody to Go tracks on your phone without using the "over the air" track transfer you need to do the following. Keep in mind you will be still transferring tracks wirelessly - so do this via wi-fi if you do not have an unlimited data transfer account with Verizon. 

1). Connect your phone to the Rhapsody Application on your PC via USB. Select "Mass Storage" as the transfer mode. A Removable Disk followed by a Drive Letter will appear in the Sources Window. The tracks will be listed in the tracks directory after the app scans your phone. 

2). Create a new playlist. 

3). Transfer tracks from your library that you would like on the phone to this new playlist. If you already have playlists set up, you are halfway there. 

4). On your phone, open the Rhapsody Android App. Go to My Playlists. 

5). Select the playlist you wish to transfer to your phone. In the center column at the top of the list is a "Download" arrow. Press this and downloading tothe phone will commence. Wi-Fi is best for this as it guarantees speedy download! 

6). The color of the track label changes from black to brown. This indicates it is now residing on your phone and can be played anytime, including "Airplane Mode". 

7). *IMPORTANT* This can only be done using the Rhapsody Android app. If this track is in your music player, it will not function. you can delete the track from your music player files to save SD Card space. These tracks will be stored in a different directory in the Rhapsody folder (rhapsody\files). 

That's it. Enjoy!

0 Likes