RingTones
sulser1326

I just bought 2 ring tomes from the Verizon store and they are not showing up where I can use them as a ring tone why?

0 Likes
Re: RingTones
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

To do this you will first need to go into your menu and change it. 

• Hit Menu
  • Settings
  • Sound Settings
  • Phone Ringtone
  • Then choose your ringtone and exit

0 Likes
monwarsec99
Contributor - Level 1

I get my ringtones from a different site and they're sent to me as a message. How do I save the tones so I can apply them as ringtones?

Only my second day with the phone still got a lot of learning to do.

0 Likes
monwarsec99
Contributor - Level 1

Update. Figured out how to get the tones for voice. Any idea how I get the one applied to messages? Is it even possible?

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

It depends on the ringtone service you use.  On some of the ones I have used, when you download the ringtone, there is a choice to "Save As" or "Set to" or something like that.  It lets you set it as a phone ringtone or a notification (text, etc.) ringtone.  On others, you may be able to long press the ringtone you downloaded and select the same option (save as, set to) and then choose the ringtone option.

Also, just as an FYI, if you are paying for Vcast ringtones on a monthly basis, there are alot of other ringtone apps that are free.

0 Likes
monwarsec99
Contributor - Level 1

I try not to use V Cast since it joined up with Rhapsody. Hate them. I get my tones from phonezoo.

0 Likes
monwarsec99
Contributor - Level 1

Don't know why I didn't get it before but for anyone else to set a downloaded tone for notification.

Application>My Folder>Downloads.

Long press then select move.

Press Media>Audio>Notifications then okay it.

After that go to your settings>sounds&display and set the tone.

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Monwarsec99

Thanks for the information.  It was very helpful.  There were a few ringtones that were only showing up as notification ringtones, so this allowed me to move them to phone ringtones as well.
0 Likes
ashkoimiriai22

I have ringtones saved via computer.  I'd like to be able to put them on the fascinate as ringtones, and not MP3's.  where would i put them?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Media>Audio>Notifications
Media>Audio>ringtones
Media>Audio>alarms

These folders would be in your sd card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes