Ringtone guru's HELP, please
msshinell

I accidentally set my ringtone as the voice promptor that says" you have a call from (???) ???-????.

PLEASE help me take this off. 

Now I only hear the automated system calling out numbers, NOT my ringtones.

0 Likes
Re: Ringtone guru's HELP, please
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Here are the steps to go into the text to speech feature you will have an option to turn it off to set back your ring tone.

http://infomanagerdoc.ddc.vzwcorp.com/EQUIPMENT_GUIDE/equipment_guide/WEP/Manual/Samsung/Fascinate.p...

Text-to-speech
Text-to-speech provides audible readout of text, for example, the
contents of text messages, and the Caller ID for incoming calls.
1. From the Home screen, touch Menu ➔ Settings ➔
Text-to-speech.
2. Touch a setting to configure:
• Listen to an example: Play a sample of speech synthesis (available
if voice data is installed).
• Install voice data: Download and install the speech synthesis data
needed to activate Text-to-speech from Android Market (free).
• Always use my settings: When enabled, settings you make
override the application’s default settings.
• Speak incoming CallerID: When enabled, reads out the CallerID
for incoming calls.
• Default Settings: Configure settings to your preferences. When
Always use my settings is enabled, these settings override the
application’s default settings.
– Speech rate: Set the speed at which the text is spoken.
– Language: Set the language voice for spoken text.

Text-to-speechText-to-speech provides audible readout of text, for example, thecontents of text messages, and the Caller ID for incoming calls.1. From the Home screen, touch Menu ➔ Settings ➔Text-to-speech.2. Touch a setting to configure:• Listen to an example: Play a sample of speech synthesis (availableif voice data is installed).• Install voice data: Download and install the speech synthesis dataneeded to activate Text-to-speech from Android Market (free).• Always use my settings: When enabled, settings you makeoverride the application’s default settings.• Speak incoming CallerID: When enabled, reads out the CallerIDfor incoming calls.• Default Settings: Configure settings to your preferences. WhenAlways use my settings is enabled, these settings override theapplication’s default settings.– Speech rate: Set the speed at which the text is spoken.– Language: Set the language voice for spoken text.

0 Likes