S Voice not recognizing contacts
_Thor_
Enthusiast - Level 3

Recently I have starting using the Note 4 for my mobile business solution. Whenever I am on Bluetooth headset, for hands free operations, I ask S voice to call "Home" and response is "Home is not in your address book" when I know it is. Another glitch is deals with Multiple contacts with same first name. Exampl: i'll say "call David Henderson" response from S Voice is "would you like call David Lane" i'd respond "No" S Voice would then respond "OK, Cancelled"

This behavior would happen when I text or call using hands free. Seems like S Voice has become un-synced with contact list. I will go into S.Voice settings and reset S Voice and it would work for less than 24 hrs before app starts acting up. I have done everything to resolve this issue, Samsung tells me I must send device in for repairs and I asked why I need to send in device for a software problem, Verizon tells me to go to Samsung and around and around I go. Does anyone know how I can contact  the developer of S Voice.

Verizon Tech Support tells me S Voice is in Beta and whenever I reset it info is sent to developer, Samsung tells me that S Voice is not in Beta. How can I get this resolved.

0 Likes
Re: S Voice not recognizing contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

_Thor_,

S voice can be an awesome option that we definitely want to work for you. We're here to help get this working for you. Does it work even for contacts you later have trouble with after the reset? Is S Voice up to date? Do other functions of Google Plus continue to work well?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
_Thor_
Enthusiast - Level 3

I use S Voice for hands free driving and since S Voice is used as default app for Bluetooth headset. I use only the call and text feature. After I reset S Voice sometimes some of my contacts work. One day Call "home" will work or not. I have done factory hard reset, running only the factory apps prior to installing my other downloaded apps. Even in Safe Mode. S Voice works fine after reset for anywhere from 2 hours to 24 hrs not longer than 24 hrs.

Sometimes I would "Send Text to Name1"  and it would work, and later I would "Call Name1" and get "Name1 not found in your address book" or vise versa.. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

_Thor_,

That information is a big help. Let's get this working. Can you try this with the phone in safe mode? http://vz.to/1QjpWQu Does S Voice work better if you do or is it the same?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
_Thor_
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here's what I've done so far.

1.Performed hard reset to factory settings and use only the factory installed apps

2.I have also used S Voice while in safe mode for 24hrs

3. I have only restored contacts only after Factory reset.

Still with the 24 hour period S Voice will start un-syncing from contacts(address book)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

_Thor_

Thank you for providing the steps you have taken to try to get this corrected. When this stopped not working did anything change within the phone? Did you have a software update to it? Where do you have your contacts syncing to? After the steps that you performed did you try prior to restoring the contacts add a few contacts by hand to see if S Voice worked as it should?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
_Thor_
Enthusiast - Level 3

This problem has been happening since I have gotten the phone in February. As I said I have reset to factory setting , run phone in safe mode, Only have tried using only pre-installed apps.  Another symptom is this.

I'll ask S Voice "Send Text To Wife" response would be "Wife not found in Address book" and then I'll ask "call Wife" and the call would go through. Then sometimes it would be reversed, text would work but calling wouldn't because "Wife not inn your Address Book"

I'll reset the S Voice app and things will work fine for about 8-10 hrs then S Voice goes haywire again. And no it doesn't happen to any particular contact.

0 Likes