Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Re: S21
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for confirming. What happens if you try to select one of those networks? ~Roger

0 Likes
p826wn

The password page. With option to auto reconnect and an advanced menu with ip settings, proxy, metered network and Mac address type

0 Likes
p826wn

Anything Roger?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're having trouble seeing previous messages regarding this.*Melissa

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Can you fill us in a little on what's going on?*Melissa

0 Likes
p826wn

Hi, for many years now, I have had wifi networks named Shelby or Shelby1 that are always in my wifi list no matter where I am. I was sort of hoping with a new phone, the network wouldn't be there anymore, but it is. They literally follow me, which makes me think it's coming from my phone somehow. It seems harmless, as I can just turn wifi off. I can't connect to them. I have done exhaustive searching and no one else seems to have this problem. I just want to know what they are. Thanks

0 Likes
p826wn

Anyone able to help?

0 Likes
jav6
MVP
MVP

@p826wn wrote:

Hi, for many years now, I have had wifi networks named Shelby or Shelby1 that are always in my wifi list no matter where I am. I was sort of hoping with a new phone, the network wouldn't be there anymore, but it is. They literally follow me, which makes me think it's coming from my phone somehow. It seems harmless, as I can just turn wifi off. I can't connect to them. I have done exhaustive searching and no one else seems to have this problem. I just want to know what they are. Thanks

Where did the original phone come from when this issue started?  Is it possible the issue was installed on that phone and when you moved everything to the new phone the issue followed?  It isn't related to Shelby Broadband in Kentucky, is it?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
jav6
MVP
MVP

@p826wn   or the Shelby Church Congregation's ShelbyNEXT app, or  Shelby State Bank app?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
phido
Enthusiast

Does your vehicle have a wifi hotspot? Does the signal strength always stay high wherever you are or can you walk a distance away from "something" and see the strength go down? Do other people see the shelby's when they're near you or only when near "something?" Since you've gone through multiple phones, I'd be looking for something else I've had for that time.

0 Likes