S22 Ultra does not connect to 5G
tdrix

I previously had the S21 Ultra (still have it, actually, just not on Verizon's network anymore) and it almost always showed a 5G connection which was notably faster than the 4G LTE connection available to my new S22 Ultra; there is no network mode option in the settings menu, though there is the hidden MMI code menu that allows me to tweak band selection and other similar configuration.  Even after modifying some of those settings this phone does not connect to 5G.  
I have a 5G SIM card, so that's not the issue.  However, I was told by the customer service agent who set up my phone in store that we don't have 5G around here and that's unequivocally not true.
I'd like to get this running up to the optimal speed, but I'm at a loss for how to fix it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S22 Ultra does not connect to 5G
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want is for you not to connect to 5G. I would love to help. You can see if you are in a 5G area here: https://www.verizon.com/coverage-map/ Are you the coverage area? Is anyone else having this issue? 

-Amber

0 Likes
Ashleybabb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having this same issue. I've reset network setting, still doesn't connect. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ashleybabb Thank you for reaching out here on this platform. I'm sorry you are having issues with 5G UW. Let me ask a few questions before we start troubleshooting. Do you have a 5G pland and are you in a location that has 5G UW coverage?-Dolores

0 Likes
scottgp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ridiculous that Verizon doesn't realize how prevalent this problem is.  My note 8 almost ALWAYS had some kind of data connection.  Now with my s22 Ultra it often doesn't connect to ANY data unless I restart the phone.  In addition, lots of places near my home, like the park nearby, allowed me to have phone calls and listen to zoom meetings.  Now I can't make any calls or listen to any zoom in the huge park.  I'm wondering if it's time to jump over to Tmobile.

0 Likes
Harleyakee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just bought TWO s22s for my wife and I.  We bought solely for the 5g upgrade (which is available in our area).  I think I am just going to return these.  It truly seems to me that Verizon is not allowing us to use the 5g network in hopes that we don't notice.  Well this phone is ABSOLUTELY NO faster than my old phone.  My neighbor has AT&T and you should see how fast his samsung is!! It's almost instantaneous!  I would rather have the $2400 back in my pocket.  Thanks for nothing Verizon.  Oh and the kicker?   It LITERALLY took me 6 agents and # and a half hours on the telephone just to buy these!  I knew more about Verizon plans and sales than the sales department!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out to us here. We definitely want to help and take a look at that with you. Please, do us the kindness of sending us a Private Note. 

*Faith

0 Likes
Harleyakee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I'm not going to go into the detail that I did already. Our 5 g is  NOT working,  and if it is then I'm switching networks because as I said in the forum, my neighbors s22 ultra (same as mine) is the fastest computer (neve mind phone) that I've ever seen.  It's not right another neighbor has verizon and his phone is fast but nothing like the ATT.  I shouldn't have to go in and adjust 2 brand new phones just to get what I already paid for.  Really wishing I hadn't sent my trades in.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you have the data speeds you need is important. We are here to further investigate this matter. Can you please confirm that your device has the latest Software Update? How are your phone calls and text messages? May we have your nearest intersection, City and zip code, so we can accurately pinpoint your location? 

-Sylvia

0 Likes