S4 and 2013 Honda and bluetooth text
john51
Contributor - Level 1

I bought a 2013 Accord and it pairs just fine and works all except for text messaging. I get an envelope when a text appears and just once it read out. According to Honda's web site the texting isn't compatible with this phone. Has anyone found a  work around in the phone settings? I had it work once, was probably just a fluke. Looks like only a Blackberry is compatible with texting.

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
11 Replies
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

Hmmm I had it working just fine for my S4 and now as well with my Note 3 with the same 2013 Honda Accord. Mine usually asks me if I want to read it or not, And I have to select the Center button for it to read it...

Mike

0 Likes
john51
Contributor - Level 1

It only did that once for me. Do you have anything particular set on the phone? I have the standard settings configured in the car.

0 Likes
john51
Contributor - Level 1

The problem is that it doesn't maintain the settings the next time I get n the car. I will wipe the device when KitKat comes and see if that fixes it.

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

No I don't have any particular settings, set I have it set to AUTO for read incoming messages on the car, and It's linked but other then that when a message comes in while linked it asks me if I want to read it or not (Or should I say prompts me). The only problem I have with it and I don't consider it much of a problem is if I am the passenger and a message comes in if I read it on the device the car still shows the envelope as if there is a new message which then I haft to hit PHONE | menu |Text Messages and select the new message and tell it to read it or drop Bluetooth and turn it back on. I wish you luck. Another possibility is you can check with the dealer if there is a software upgrade for your console...

0 Likes
john51
Contributor - Level 1

According to the dealer it is current. I will try auto.

0 Likes
john51
Contributor - Level 1

I did set it to auto and it worked for a short time and then stopped. When I looked at the settings sms texts were grayed out. I will probably wait for KitKat and wipe the phone. I think I tried default in the car. I do have a second phone in bluetooth. I wonder if that matters.

Thank you for the suggestions

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

I know when your Driving all those settings grey out you must be stopped to see a lot of those settings Smiley SadI wish there was a Passenger Override option......

Mike

0 Likes
john51
Contributor - Level 1

That's a good point, I don't remember if I saw that while I was driving or stopped. I think wiping the device may be the only fix. Its a a great feature for sure.

0 Likes
john51
Contributor - Level 1

I have seen them grayed out even when stopped. The problem is even though the phone is paired and stays connected with voice it doesn't stay connected with text messages...I have to reinitialize it and it does work the way it should.

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

Well, At least it is working somewhat now for you. I hope the best for you when it comes to KitKat..

0 Likes
john51
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks, It may take a clean wipe to fix it. This phone was connected to a previous car. I would like to wait to wipe it since I usually do when an update is released.

Thanks for all of your help.

0 Likes