S7 Edge can't find SIM
c_heidecker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here's a weird one.  I restarted my phone this morning and noticed that it never connected to a mobile network.  Mobile data was somehow "off"  When I went to turn on mobile data, it said it couldn't find my SIM.  Also, my battery started to drain very fast.

I restarted the phone again, and now on the start up screen it says Samsung Galaxy Edge CUSTOM and a picture of a unlocked padlock....what is that?

After the second restart it seemed to find my SIM again and the battery is a little more normal for what it's worth.

0 Likes
Re: S7 Edge can't find SIM
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

c_heidecker-

Congrats on your new phone! I am sure this Sim card error took you by surprise and we definitely want to get to the bottom of this to ensure your phone is working as it should. Has there been any changs such as a new application or software update? Have you tried removing the Sim card before the restart? Please keep us posted.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
c_heidecker
Enthusiast - Level 3

No new apps.  No software update. I did not try to remove the SIM or SD card before the restart. I have had several issues with this latest and greatest phone.  I am not happy.  I have posted all of my issues here on the community forum.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

turn phone off, remove then replace the sim card.

0 Likes