SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 AWFUL SIGNAL STRENGTH!!! It's basically a MINI TABLET !
redruthann

I've been a customer for over 10 years (Shelton CT) and I've always had a little trouble with signal strength, but this is ridiculous!

I recently upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S4 to the S7 (paid, or still paying, a lot of $$$)  and the signal is worse!  I can't get enough signal anywhere in the house, or even outside, to make a call!  Of course the texting works just great - BIG DEAL

Why pay for cell phone service that won't work around other wireless devices & electronics?!

Why should we have to pay hundreds of dollars for a signal booster?!!  If their service is so great, they should provide a signal booster for free or at least at a much lower price!!

I'm actually thinking of switching providers, but I have to pay for this expensively and worthless phone!!

It's basically a MINI TABLET !

0 Likes
Re: SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 AWFUL SIGNAL STRENGTH!!! It's basically a MINI TABLET !
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

redruthann,

It is never good to learn you are having troubles using your device. Let's work together to get to the bottom of this. Are you able to use Data on the device? What happens when you try to make call? Is Advanced Calling active? Settings> Advanced Calling

DerekR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

redruthann- we don't want you to leave our Verizon Wireless family. We know how important it is to have reliable service. Let's look into this issue further. What is your ZIP Code? How far do you have to drive to get a good signal? What is your signal strength on you phone currently? You can locate this on the top right hand corner next to the battery percentage.

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JENNIE76

I am having this same issue with my phone

My zip is 32129 and I only have 2 bars for strength.  My calls drop or they don't connect at all...why???? I called and customer service call dropped, of course , and they never called me back!!! Please help

0 Likes
IamaBanana

I've never had good signal strength on my S7 edge. I've had it since the day it hit the street. At best I would get 2 bars, but I've never had huge issues with it dropping calls or any issues with call quality.

However, since I took the phone off of the "Global" default setting (Settings -> Mobile Networks) and changed it to "LTE/CDMA" I have had as many as 4 bars!!!

Maybe try that and see if that helps

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You deserve not only world class customer support, but world class service as well, JENNIE76. Tell me a bit more about your set up. What is the make and model of your device? How far from the ocean do you live? Is there wi-fi at home through an internet provider?

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes