Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
SD card corrupt
ateam1234

Hi all...I had a Fascinate with the standard 16G SD card.  I moved the data off the card to a computer, and replaced the 16G with a 32G card.

I moved all the data back to the card, and everything seemed fine.  I had a bunch of vacation pics stored under the DCIM directory, along with a number of pictures taken with the phone.

Right away, pictures started to disappear.  I reloaded them via USB, and assumed it was just one of those things. 

I took pictures at an event, came back, and all the pictures were gone.  A bunch of files showed up in the LOST.DIR file.

A bit irked, I reformated the card via the phone.  Loaded some pictures on the phone in a separate subdirectiry.  The next few days I started losing pictures again.    After a number of reformats, I sent the card back thinking it was defective.

I received a new card (both cards major brands purchased directly from Amazon), formatted it, and used it just for picture-taking with the phone.  Seemed to work, but I got up the next day, and the phone said there was no SD-card mounted, and it should be re-formatted.  I did so, and sometimes loading a few test pics, and sometimes just taking test pics with the camera.  Each time I started losing pics, and seeing files appear in the LOST.DIR. 

Is there anything special about using the 32G card in the Fascinate?  I thought I had maybe a misbehaving application, but I've been careful to use only stock Fascinate apps.

thanks for any suggestions!

0 Likes
Re: SD card corrupt
stonent

Maybe you just got a bad card? What brand card was it?

0 Likes
Re: SD card corrupt
ateam1234

I dont think it is a bad SD card.  I had a PNY card in it for a month, and it kept getting corrupted.  I exchanged it last month for a Sandisk, and the problem remains.

The phone the SD card is bad again last night.  The only option I had was to reformat the thing.

0 Likes