SEVERAL issues with my Nexus...
Indy_Guy_77

I've had this phone about 100 days - give or take. 

Phone history:  Use the factory wall plug every night.  I will also often have to top-off at work via a USB cable hooked to my laptop computer.  I'm in a WiFi environment almost every day - I tend not to keep Data on.  Actually, I generally only turn WiFi on when I need it.

Issues:

When battery gets down to 14% - the low battery warning will not go away.  It comes back repeatedly until phone is either dead or plugged in.  Basically renders the phone useless (pretty sure I've read a thread on this)

Battery icon will often show the "bolt" when not plugged in; and often won't show the "bolt" when plugged in (read about this one, too)

USB connectivity icon will often stay after phone has been unplugged from USB / computer charger

When battery gets down to less than 50%; often times the screen will come on as if the power button has been tapped

Often cannot turn data on with either phone controls or via a widget - must reboot phone to get data to work (WiFi has no issues coming on/off)

herky/jerky movement of apps (Euchre, Angry Birds, etc) as they're being utilized - even after clearing "recently run" apps.  Sometimes even does this after re-boot

Would really appreciate the advice from one of the "Pros" on what I can do with this cruddy phone.

0 Likes
Re: SEVERAL issues with my Nexus...
k2r
Enthusiast - Level 2

Return it, but then you get looped into connectivity issues.  My first phone started much of that after 7 months, but we could see the charge port had bent. I've had 4 replacements so far with no luck on consistant service. They consider a Razr an upgrade as replacement.  PLEASE!!

0 Likes
Indy_Guy_77

Ah...  I can't just "return it". 

I purchased it online through Target.com mobile phone site.  *sigh*

The local corporate store told me to just be sure and utilize only the factory wall plug for several days and hope it remedies itself thinking it was due to having used a non-standard plug for a few weeks + computer USB. 

As I type this reply right now - I do remember that I didn't use the factory wall plug exclusively at first.  Guess that may be relevant, eh?

0 Likes
k2r
Enthusiast - Level 2

It shouldn't matter, but I heard the Razr has that issue of needing proprietory plug.  Can try a factory reset.  Call Verizon tech if you need them to walk you through it.

0 Likes
Indy_Guy_77

I've done a hard reset on the phone - didn't solve anything.

0 Likes
chromepickle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you get the insurance?

0 Likes