SYNC with Microsoft Outlook
ts87016

Does anyone know if  Fascinate will sync with MS Outlook without doing any special?  Have you tried it?   If not this phone, can you recommend one that does sync with MS Outlook.  I use MS Outlook with laptop running Win 7 home premium.  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: SYNC with Microsoft Outlook
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you want to sync your contacts to your gmail so they will sync to your fascinate then it can be done.  Just figured that out yesterday.  If you want to sync your messages from outlook to your gmail thus to your phone then yes this can be done through GMail.  If you are interested in the processes, let me know and I will try to include what I did to sync these things.

0 Likes
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3
  • You can set up a Gmail account
  • Import/synch  your Outlook contacts
  • Use the Google calendar to synch your Outlook calendar
  • Set the Fascinate  to synch with your Google account
  • Once you have set the synch with Google up, you can keep working with Outlook on your PC. It will continue to synch
0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

I was hoping for an answer to that question also but so far I have found nothing. So what I did was export my calender as a widnows csv file and import it in google calender and now it works ok, but as to actual live syncing, I am still working on that.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

can you post the actual steps to follow so that I can sync my desktop outlook account to my google calender account. This would be a great help.. Thank You

0 Likes
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

First, you are required to create a Gmail account on the computer and set up your Gmail account on the phone. You also need to import/export your outlook to your Gmail account

Once you did that, on your phone, tap settings

Accounts and sync

Tap on your Gmail account, make sure that the Sync Calendar

Sync contacts

Sync Gmail are all check

From there your Gmail will automatically sync to your phone.

0 Likes
fascinated01

I purchased A software app called CompanionLink.  It will sync directly to the fascinate, or to Google and then google will sync info to phone.  Have been using it since October 2010, no problems.

www.companionlink.com

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

I d/l the Google Calendar Sync application and now when I enter my data in to my outlook calendar, I have the option to immediately clink the Google sync button and instantly my fascinate is sync or can set a specific time for the Google calendar sync to to sync your outlook calendar with Google calendar

0 Likes
puterfx

If you don't want to use google you can export the csv file as above and import it into verizons Backup program.  That's how I started out (not a high level of trust for Google).  Then I found a program called MyPhoneExplorer that will sync contacts either viawireless or USB (or at least until VZW pushed their last update which messed up something with the USB).  It will also sync calendar and calls if you want.  Definitely worth looking at ... and it's free but I've made a couple donations just cuz it's worth it.

0 Likes
fascinated01

Another option is a package called CompanionLink.  It cost 39.95, but it will sync contacts, calendar & notes to Google Apps and then to Android phone.  It also works back to OutLook from phone through Google.  I have been using it for >6 months with no problems.  The latest version also does sync for OutLook to iPhone, Blackberry, Palm, WinMobile. Can bypass Google with USB or Wifi.

0 Likes