Safe Mode
Andynator

I started having this problem after 2.2.1 was pushed to my Fascinate.

About every 2-3 days I will be sitting working at my desk and feel the phone vibrate.  I pick up the phone and look at it, and it's rebooted itself into Safe Mode.

I have no idea what safe mode does or is for.  Or why it is rebooting itself.

But when I shut the phone down, it will not restart.  I have to pull the battery to get it to power back up and then the "safe mode" message is gone.

It is a stock phone (not rooted) with no programs running in the background other than the Verizon bloatware, like Skype.

Ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Safe Mode
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

Andynator wrote:

About every 2-3 days I will be sitting working at my desk and feel the phone vibrate.  I pick up the phone and look at it, and it's rebooted itself into Safe Mode.

But when I shut the phone down, it will not restart.  I have to pull the battery to get it to power back up and then the "safe mode" message is gone.

It is a stock phone (not rooted) with no programs running in the background other than the Verizon bloatware, like Skype.

Ideas?

Factory reset should solve your problem
0 Likes
Re: Safe Mode
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Andynator wrote:

Ideas?

Good suggest from the community! Andynator, did this fix your issue?

0 Likes