Samsung Fascinate 2.2 update
Storm1109

So I'm trying to figure out if the 2.2 update is available for Samsung Fascinate. Anyone know?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Fascinate 2.2 update
Not applicable

I apologize that you were given the wrong information but there is no way to revert to the previous version of the phone.  If you are continuing to have these issues PM with your name and mobile number and I will be more then happy to see what other options we have at this point.  Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Storm1109 wrote:

So I'm trying to figure out if the 2.2 update is available for Samsung Fascinate. Anyone know?

Yes there is a 2.2 update

But I would read the other posts before you install it

If you install it you will get what we have

Make sure what you are doing

Benifits of the software update are

1. Missed Calls

2.Poor Battery Life

3.Missed texts

4.Alarm does not work

5.Problems with Phone freezing

6.Spend hours on phone with Customer Service (and never get problem solved)

7.Get sent multiple new and CPO Phones Only to have the same problem

8.Factory resets that do not help

9 Have your post marked as Solved when infact they are not

ALL THIS CAN BE YOURS JUST DO THE UPDATE

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

Storm1109 wrote:

Unless you need Flash and install software on your SD card, stay away from 2.2
0 Likes
jamdev

I am also having problems with my Fascinate after the update.  USB debugging turns off randomly while plugged in, and as a developer this is beyond frustrating.  My phone is also ridiculously slow.  Don't like.

0 Likes
mulemanwilson

I am having the same problems. I will get lines across my screen, the colors start fading, then the whole thing locks up. I have to take it apart and take the battery out to get it to reset. It is slow as crap. Every time I hit any key I have to sit and pause before it will go on. Not happy at all.

0 Likes
AuntieS

Don't do it.  Poor battery life, all sounds off choice is gone.  E-mails flipping all over the place...can't even grab on to them.  I want to go back but don't see where there is a choice.  The guy at the Verizon store said there are tons of complaints on the upgrade such as mine.  He told me I could go back to older version but I do not see this option.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

AuntieS wrote:

Don't do it.  Poor battery life, all sounds off choice is gone.  E-mails flipping all over the place...can't even grab on to them.  I want to go back but don't see where there is a choice.  The guy at the Verizon store said there are tons of complaints on the upgrade such as mine.  He told me I could go back to older version but I do not see this option.

You have to do a search on google to go back to a previous rom
0 Likes
Not applicable

I apologize that you were given the wrong information but there is no way to revert to the previous version of the phone.  If you are continuing to have these issues PM with your name and mobile number and I will be more then happy to see what other options we have at this point.  Thank you.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

SammuelP wrote:

wrong, there is no OFFICIAL WAY, but there is a way

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

And after 5 times letting Samsung run my phone through the paces and not having it fixed

And them saying it passes all tests That they have

But it still does not pass the test of

1. Activate it

2.call it to make sure it receives call

3. Don't Install any app's

4. Let it sit with out touching it for 1 - 1 1/2 hour

5. Call it and see if it rings

I have yet to have my phone pass this test it never rings--- In this Shape it is not a phone

So as soon as I get it Back I will test and if it does not ring

I will void the warranty that has done me no good---They can not even tell it is broke if you tell them how to figure it out pretty sad

And I don't believe for one minute that they are that Stupid they know they are sending it Back Broke Give me a break

But maybe I won't void my warranty Just keep sending it in and letting them pay the shipping cost I can keep this up for another two to 6 months more than one way to get my 549.00 Back they can pay it in shipping because I do not think I will stop

In the mean time I will buy a another smart Phone to use while my Fascinate is in the mail

0 Likes