Re: Samsung Fascinate Android 2.2
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

maybe, but the actual problem is just lack of communication. vzw is never forthcoming on anything, never has been, never will be.

heck they only gave 2 days notice for the thunderbolt release.  almost as if they are setting that up for failure, but it still should sell well, just may not sell out unless they have low stock

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

how can they put a date on the update when they don't know how long it's going to take to fix?

0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

This isn't the first time that they have done an update. They may not know exactly when it will be ready but they surely should know about when it will be ready. It didn't take long for the devs at xda to come out with a good working update. Another problem with samsuck and verizon is that they refuse to communicate with their customers! They know about when it will be ready, tell us! Personally I think it is ready but is being held back for business purposes.

0 Likes
sputnik998

my biggest gripe with samsung is that they are making new hardware, the galaxy s 2, yet haven't even solved the software issues with the fascinate. i made a thread below this one about flooding samsung with calls all at the same time, but im doubtful ill be able to mobilize people to do anything except complain on forums like this. if we can just get enough people to flood them at the same time, we can put some serious pressure on them. like i said in another post, vibrant owners did this and had their update the next day! it may have been a coincidence, but we certainly have nothing to loose

0 Likes
warddman
They only care about money. You and I are stuck with a crappy OS...
0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

no, you choose to be stuck. there are plenty of options out there.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

warddman wrote:
They only care about money. You and I are stuck with a crappy OS...

2.1 is not a crappy OS.  It needs to be updated in order to be compatible with some websites, and newer apps in the market. 

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

M91-30 wrote:

no, you choose to be stuck. there are plenty of options out there.

Again I agree with Mr. Canadian.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

I have one that already has 2.2 [Edited to comply with Terms of Service].  Looks like I may be Thunderbolt bound to get that unlimited LTE while it lasts. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
gsp10
We Didn't choose to be stuck verizon and samsung lied to us about an update which samsung promised. So get your facts straight
0 Likes