Samsung Fascinate Android Marketplace Server Error
mattvg68

I recently performed a Factory Data Reset on my Samsung Fascinate and now I cannot access the Android Marketplace.  I continuously receive a box that states "A Server Error Has Occured".

I've cleaned the Marketplace Cache as well as the various Caches in the Browser.

I've reset about three times now and still no change.

I do recall receiving the latest update to the Marketplace about a week ago and have had no issues until now.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Is there a way to download apps to my desktop and then transfer them to my phone SD card?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Fascinate Android Marketplace Server Error
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Listed below are steps to perform a Hard (Master) reset on your Samsung Fascinate. Also, listed below is the steps for a soft reset, which is recommended first.

Soft Reset

Press the Power key. 
Touch Power off. 
Touch OK. 
Press the Power key to power on the device
Note: If device is non-responsive remove and reinstall battery and power on device.

MasterReset: Allows to reset device back to factory settings.

Factory Reset/Master reset:

From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch Privacy
Touch Factory Data reset
Touch Reset Phone
Touch Erase Everything
Warning: This will erase all data from your phone, including:

• Your Google account
  • System and application data and settings
  • Downloaded Applications

KinquanaH_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Sounds to me like a lack of data connection. Double check that either 3G or wifi are active, maybe start up your browser to be sure. Then make sure you are signed in to your gmail account. Also, sometimes the market does go down for a while. If you're sure everything is on order, wait a while and try again later.
0 Likes
bobvg

My Samsung Fascinate and also my wife's  have the same problem.  We get the error message  "Server unavailable.  Please try again later" when we press the Market icon.  It worked previously but happened after I did factory reset and set up new gmail accounts.  Every thing else works.  Sync to gmail and calendar work.  Wifi and 3G are active.  Browsers all work.   Problem has existed for about 10 days so Market place server is not just temporarily down.  Have done factory reset twice.  Have removed battery.

We couldn't get the phones to recognize our old gmail accounts so we deleted them at Google and set up new ones.  The phones would not recognize them so we used the method found on line of logging into Utube with the new gmail accounts and then the phones recognized the gmail accounts and we could set up things. 

My local Verizon store checked all my settings and said they were OK and I should contact Verizon Tech Services.  They were not able to help and connected me to Samsung.

The Samsung tech had me clear the data for Checkin, Download Manager, and the Google Applications which did not help.   He did not have any more ideas and said it must be a problem at Marketplace.  He said I should  contact Market Place services but he did not have a number.  So far I have not been able to contact them or solve the problem.  

0 Likes
Stein5830
Enthusiast - Level 3
Hate to say it but it sounds like its time for a hard reset.. I had an error once with the market place but shut the phone off and it worked fine. Hard reset should def solve your issues... it just sucks to have to re-download your apps and to redo your settings.
0 Likes
Rick69

I too am having the same problem. Keep getting the message "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server". Have tried numerous times in numerous locations. What is the procedure for a hard reset?

Thanks

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Listed below are steps to perform a Hard (Master) reset on your Samsung Fascinate. Also, listed below is the steps for a soft reset, which is recommended first.

Soft Reset

Press the Power key. 
Touch Power off. 
Touch OK. 
Press the Power key to power on the device
Note: If device is non-responsive remove and reinstall battery and power on device.

MasterReset: Allows to reset device back to factory settings.

Factory Reset/Master reset:

From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch Privacy
Touch Factory Data reset
Touch Reset Phone
Touch Erase Everything
Warning: This will erase all data from your phone, including:

• Your Google account
  • System and application data and settings
  • Downloaded Applications

KinquanaH_VZW