Re: Samsung Fascinate Battery Dies Too Quickly
rjsec4ever
Yeah, it is a bit chubby. But I have big hands. The only issue I have with the backing is that it starts to curve right where the cam flash is... it's a bit annoying, but I love it. All I ever do are play games and surf... it's good for that. Also, I found out that the OS is already using 250MB of RAM. The bloatware is apparently running in the background (Bing, Mobile Hotspot, etc.), even if not using it. Stupid software I don't even use... it causes the game Dungeon Defenders to not load correctly.
Anyway, like I said, your mileage may vary.
0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
I also have the extended battery and looking to buy another one when I can get a coupon that works for verizon. I have been using the assistant and it reduces those programs from starting up..
0 Likes
jjpslc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Regarding the extended warrany from Samsung for signing up and registering the phone, on the front page of Samsung's USA site is the small print: * Sorry, extended warranty is currently not available for cell phones.  So don't bother. 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Lol, the Fascinate easy on the battery compared to this...

0 Likes
Droidbotics

I 've found that all the bloatware sucks up a lot of battery life. Once you remove the all the bloatware you'll gain at least three hours of battery life.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
I can attest to that...
0 Likes
Macii

Mine is the exact same. Went back to factory settings. No applications except the pre-installed. Turned off wifi, GPS, bluetooth, all background data. Go to airplane mode when not using it. Turned the brightness down, turned animation off, screen timeout to the lowest. Phone on Idle.... 57% The battery life is mainly horrible because the pre-installed applications auto-run. and there is no off switch. Oh... and that Advanced Task Killer, DONT INSTALL. The application is BUGGY!!! Infact one of the first things they ask when you call tech support is... Is Advanced Task Killer installed? My answer... " If you have to ask that because so many people use it that shows that those auto-run applications you have are causing problems. FIX IT "

0 Likes
Pac10family

I'm a new fascinate user - but not a new smartphone user.  I charged my phone fully and left the house this morning at 9am, and by 3pm, with two short phone calls, a couple internet browsing sessions ( short; as in looking for the name of a fastpitch bat) and scrolling through email.......... the phone battery is near dead.

When I look at the detail, it tells me that 76% of the battery drain is from 'display'....  ???   What am I doing wrong - or rather, what should I be doing differently, so that I can have that 76% to actually "use" my smartphone?

0 Likes
magsgundah
Enthusiast - Level 2

Pac10family wrote:

When I look at the detail, it tells me that 76% of the battery drain is from 'display'....  ???   What am I doing wrong - or rather, what should I be doing differently, so that I can have that 76% to actually "use" my smartphone?

Off the top of my head.

Turn off the live wallpaper if it's on.

Turn down the brightness.

Set a shorter screen sleep interval.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

Pac10family wrote:

I'm a new fascinate user - but not a new smartphone user.  I charged my phone fully and left the house this morning at 9am, and by 3pm, with two short phone calls, a couple internet browsing sessions ( short; as in looking for the name of a fastpitch bat) and scrolling through email.......... the phone battery is near dead.

Also check what services are running in the background (Menu,settings, applications, running services, and close those you do not need, when you restart the phone, they will come back .
0 Likes