Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Fascinate Battery Dies Too Quickly
Coalcracker
Why does it seem like my fascinate battery kicks the bucket fast. I turned off my live wallpaper... Didn't help, then I turned my brightness all the way down... Didn't help, then I turned off the automatic data transfer... That didn't help either!! I barely use my phone at work but by night time my phone is blinking red! Any suggestions?
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Fascinate Battery Dies Too Quickly
Dad-Bill
Novice

Are you sure that Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS are off?

0 Likes
Coalcracker
Yeah I leave all three of those off as well. I think I need a larger battery but they are thick and bulky.
0 Likes
KSGerber
Novice

Do you use task manager to shut off active applications that you are not using? If you have WIFI off and GPS off the only two things I can think off is either you have a bad battery that discharges too quickly or you spend lots of time in a place with no signal or a very weak signal. The phone will use more power to stay linked to a very weak signal or constantly try to connect if there is no signal.

0 Likes
Coalcracker
Yeah I make sure that task manager is showing that nothing is running. You may have something with the low signal though because I'n my area were I live I usually only get one to two bars.
0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Novice

Same here, in my area I only show 1 or 2 bars. I've been told the strength indicator with eclair 2.1 isn't very accurate, go figure! Go into settings, location & security and be sure that VZW location services and standalone GPS services are not checked. These are not needed unless using the GPS. Actually when using GPS I only have checked the standalone GPS services and Google location services.

Instead of using the built in task manager, I use an app called NetQuin Android Booster which is very good for stopping tasks from running except for those that automatically restart themselves. NetQuin also has a good anti-virus called NQmobile Anti-virus.

0 Likes
RunSilent23
Novice

Let me guess.  You owned a Blackberry before the Fascinate, right?

0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Novice

No, before the fascinate, my first kinda smartphone, I had a LG shine. Why do you ask?

0 Likes
RunSilent23
Novice

My question was directed at Coalcracker.

0 Likes
gsp10
My first smart phone was a palm pre why you ask?)
0 Likes