Samsung Fascinate: Best Phone by Far
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes i said it. I had the Droid1 and DroidX and my girlfriend has the Dincredible. But I must say this phone rocks. Its more responsive, faster and has a screen that blows the previous droids out of the water. I can't tell you how happy i am with this phone. Like i said in a previous post, If you are going to let one search widget prevent you from buying this phone then it's your lost. I think people are trying to find every little issue to complain about this phone because verizon stuck bing on it.  Just  use google voice search , pratically the same thing. And no it does not reroute you back  to the bing search engine. Trash bing maps and Verizon Navigator and download google maps from the Market . It works just as good as the other phones. Oh i forgot to mention the camera on this thing rocks, way betther than that horrible DroidX phone.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Fascinate: Best Phone by Far
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Nice review. You are right about how people complain of Bing being on the phone!

0 Likes
Soly29
Contributor - Level 1

Nice review, I think it may have just convinced me to change my X before my 30 days are up. I'm new to Android  so I can't really compare it to anything but do like it better than my Storm. I fell in love with the Fascinate when I went to get my son his Incredible.  The only thing is I purchased an extended battery and media dock, I'm not sure if Verizon will let me exchange them :smileysad:

I just got my X  a week ago and cannot express enough how disappointed I am with the camera, the pictures are so horrible, it  reminds me of my old flip phones of 10 years ago. 

Thanks again and enjoy!

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Just remember that sammy has a record of abandoning phones after a short period of time.
0 Likes
Soly29
Contributor - Level 1

Curious to know if you are still in love with your Fascinate?  I'm thinking of switching and am undecided.  there's a few things on the X I'm not happy about since the update, my texts are displayed in a random order not in the order received, my camera sucks and its a hassle to forward texts and pictures now as well.  Facebook is just awful with updates showing from the previous day even if I press refresh.  I'm actually going to the Verizon store now to play with it and the Incredible.  Thanks!

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had the phone since sept. 9 and still loving it. Now im just waiting on froyo.

0 Likes
Kamar234

I was in the same boat as you after I saw what they did with the behold. However, I think this phone is different. They released it on every major carrier in the US and just about every major carrier in the world as the Galaxy S. They also are releasing the Galaxy Pad. They are making a serious commitment to this phone line and I doubt after millions of devices sold and a new screen technology and cpu, that they are going to walk away. They would pretty much destroy any chances of being a major player in the smartphone space.

0 Likes
Soly29
Contributor - Level 1

I have until October 8th to switch but as every day passes I'm leaning towards the Fascinate.  thanks for replying :smileywink:

0 Likes
csalmjs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone who has a Droid X and is deciding wether to exchance please dont hesitate.  I bought an X and it was the worst phone I have ever owned.  Heck, even my blackberry storm was better in a few ways.

Call volume on the X is horrid.  The camera is a joke. 

I have had a Fascinate since the 9th and cant put it down.  Its display is unreal and it was super fast.  The only knock I can find on this phone so far is that it doesnt have a side button to push for taking a picture..but that is no way a deal breaker for me.  The pictures are so clear...Unlike an earlier post that said X's pictures are like flip phone quality ten years ago.

Get a Fascinate!!

0 Likes
Soly29
Contributor - Level 1
Lol I was the one who said the X's photo quality was like an old flip phone. The funny thing is I went to the verizon store and the rep was trying to persuade me to stay with the X and was trying to convince me that the only reason the fascinate looked good was because of the super amoled screen and that once I uploaded pics it would look bad. I found that strange and decided to try the x for a few more days and then return via fedex.
0 Likes