Re: Samsung Fascinate: Best Phone by Far
csalmjs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you go with the Fascinate then?  To be honest with you I dont think i will own a future phone that doesnt have a super amoled screen.  It really is so much nicer than the other screens out there.  And that is not true about loading up pics and will look bad.  I have loaded up a bunch and they look just great..way better than the X anyway.

Im not saying the Fascinate is a PERFECT phone by any means.  it has its faults here and there..just like any other smart phone these days.  but it is worls better than the X...in my opinion.

0 Likes
Soly29
Contributor - Level 1

I agree with you about the screen, the Fascinate is just beautiful in comparison to my X.  Don't get me wrong the X is a great phone but it's just not cutting it for me.  I like to receive my FB notifications, love to look at a bright colorful screen and definitely want great pictures, I can't carry my camera around with me at all times .  The Rep I dealt with on this visit, was an X owner and thought I was absolutely crazy for even thinking of switching my phone.  I went in because my camera wouldn't load and every time I pressed it would close and when it took the pics I could see them for a few seconds buth then when I would go to the gallery I'd get a black and white square as if the picture was corrupt.  He did a hard reset and it was solved but my pictures are still lousy and grainy. 

As soon as I get my Fascinate, I will let you guys know 🙂  Thanks again for all the input!

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Soly29,  you should have your fascinate by now. Let me know how you like it. If anything you should love the camera

0 Likes
Soly29
Contributor - Level 1

I ordered my X online and was told I should return it via FedEx and request the Fascinate on line as well.  However I may call to see if I can just do an even exchange since they both cost the same.  I will let you know as soon as I get it. One of my co-workers has the Fascinate and it's awesome.

0 Likes
Soly29
Contributor - Level 1
I got my fascinate and I'm in love. What a difference! The reps tried to convince me to keep my X but I ignored them. This screen is awesome... Thanks all for the advice.
0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Im glad you like it. I knew you would.  I just wonder how much motorola paid Verizon to promote their phones.

0 Likes
Soly29
Contributor - Level 1

It was weird they tried everything not to get me to switch, even saying they didn't want me to have to pay the $35 re-stocking fee.  Also they kept telling me my 30-days were up because I ordered August 25th.  I explained to them that I ordered it on that date but received it on 9/9 and was specifically told by a customer service rep that my 30 days would be up from the date activated/received and not ordered.  Luckily it was in my file that I had called and spoke to the rep.  I was getting annoyed but in the end it all worked out.

I love the phone, everyone in my office is commenting on it.  I just want to download the Google apps now and I'll be all set.  Any apps you recommend?

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

We apologize about the problems you were having with your phone and are glad to hear everything worked out. 

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Soly 29 Wrote:

I love the phone, everyone in my office is commenting on it.  I just want to download the Google apps now and I'll be all set.  Any apps you recommend?

First of all , get LauncherPro Plus Launcher. Unless you like TouchWiz. My favorite Apps are Handcent, Angry Birds, Beautiful widgets, AOnline Radio , Pandora , Kindle, Wiki-Mobile, Raging Thunder2, and Astro File Manager.

0 Likes
gtxiong

Verizon sucks for not having it run on 4g... and compare to other galaxy, this phone is wack. where is the freaken dual camera?

0 Likes