Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Fascinate Bluetooth Issue
EP88

Having trouble with the Fascinate and with Bluetooth devices.  Connected/paired the fascinate to car and earpiece.  Both devices experience same problem.  Hear static and noise when making/receiving calls.  Calls appear to connect; however, can not hear person through noise. Any suggestions out there..Blackberry works fine with same devices. Was purchased as a certified pre-owned.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Fascinate Bluetooth Issue
GinaH_VZW
Novice

I'm sorry to say it appears the issue is related to the Fascinate especially if two different bluetooth devices are experiencing the same issue and works fine on another phone. We recommend to take your phone and earpiece to a Verizon Wireless store with a tech for a hands-on evaluation. You would be able to exchange the phone at no charge as long as you are under the one year warranty and there is no physical/liquid damage. You can also call (866) 406-5154 to troubleshoot and have a replacement sent to you. 

0 Likes
EP88

Thanks... A new phone was shipped and the bluetooth works great as anticipated!

It was diffcult convincing the store tech.......goal accomplished!

0 Likes
D_C

Im having simialr isssues with Two Fascinates. Both my wife and I have recently received the over the air Froyo 2.2 update. Since this update, both phones do not connect properly with our two Kia vehicles. Searching the internet, and calling customer support, getting to the next level tech support and thus sent directly to the manufacture's tech support all have ended in a big "I dont know" Can someone please help!

Everything worked PERFECTLY until the Froyo 2.2.

I have done a COMPLETE hard reset to factory defults on both phones, added the language voice input outputs from the market, but still have the same issue.

The issue is that the phone can connect to the Car 1 time. once that call is ended, it will never reconnect until you pull the battery and restart phone. this starts the whole process over again... 1 connection, 1 call. then nothing. I want Firmware 2.1 back!

Andy

0 Likes
D_C

One more thing. When the first and only bluetooth call is disconnected, the phone has a series of Hard vibrates. One when the call is ended, then TWO shortly after. Once these HARD vibrates are done, the phone will not connect again, and the phones also do not function correctly. Sounds and ringtones are choppy and swipe is almost impossible to make work. HELP

0 Likes
bluestar
Novice

D_C wrote:

Im having simialr isssues with Two Fascinates. Both my wife and I have recently received the over the air Froyo 2.2 update. Since this update, both phones do not connect properly with our two Kia vehicles. Searching the internet, and calling customer support, getting to the next level tech support and thus sent directly to the manufacture's tech support all have ended in a big "I dont know" Can someone please help!

Everything worked PERFECTLY until the Froyo 2.2.

I have done a COMPLETE hard reset to factory defults on both phones, added the language voice input outputs from the market, but still have the same issue.

The issue is that the phone can connect to the Car 1 time. once that call is ended, it will never reconnect until you pull the battery and restart phone. this starts the whole process over again... 1 connection, 1 call. then nothing. I want Firmware 2.1 back!

Andy

I have the exact same problem. Phone connects to Bluetooth in my car one time and one time only. Every subsequent attempt to connect fails. However, this was the case for me running 2.1 as well. No change after 2.2 update.

0 Likes
fun2luv84

I am having the same exact issue with my Samsung Fascinate and my 2011 Kia sportage.  It works perfectly....ONE TIME.  It will literally allow only one phone call and then it will not connect anymore until I reboot my car and my phone.  This is ridiculous, especially since I just got my car and phone, and of course now I have a 2 year contract which means I have 2 years until I can actually use my bluetooth car system.  Please give me a heads up when this problem is fixed!

0 Likes
fun2luv84

I know exactly what you mean, my fascinate does the same thing with the weird vibrating. I know once it vibrates those 3 times, I am doomed and has lost its bluetooth connection.  This is  absolutely ridiculous. I am regretting ever changing to Verizon and wont get to use my new car feature for another 2 years.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Greetings to the community! Sorry to hear anyone is having Bluetooth pairing problems with the Fascinate. Be advised that I have confirmed that this issue has been brought to the attention of VZW Tech Support. Thanks for your patience.

0 Likes
gravitywins

This is not a new problem with this phone and should have been fixed a long time ago. The problem is my phone. I know this because I have tested the handsfree stereo with other phones(htc, iphone) and it works perfect. I have checked my phone with other handsfree devices and it fails with them as well. The fix seems to be taking an eternity.

I believe the phone is having problems communicating with the handsfree device. After connecting and making or taking one call, the phone fails to update the new list for call history. The screen on the handsfree device will show "updating list", and gets stuck there. The phone vibrates as described above and loses connection. However, the phone does not know the connection is lost?! It thinks it is still connected until I turn the bluetooth off. Even long after getting out of my car- Weird. Also the phone stops working properly after this happens-strange ringtones, swipe doesn't work right, etc. This continues until I turn my phone off.

A fix would be great and I could go back to loving my phone.

0 Likes