Re: Samsung Fascinate - Camera problem...
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

It appears that whenever a Verizon employee responds with the usual solution to everything which is do a master reset, they feel they have met their responsibility which it seems to me is to respond to a request for help, actually verifying that the suggestion actually solved the problem is not part of their protocol.

It works like this:

Customer: I have a problem with...............

Verizon: Try a Master Reset.

Problem Solved.

0 Likes
jbuck

My wife and both purchased Samsung Fasinates and in my "Gallery" camera ap I cannot delete any pictures at all, yet in my wife's phone I can? Has anyone got a clue as to **bleep** is going on?

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

jbuck wrote:

My wife and both purchased Samsung Fasinates and in my "Gallery" camera ap I cannot delete any pictures at all, yet in my wife's phone I can? Has anyone got a clue as to **bleep** is going on?

Try deleting the cache and see if that helps
0 Likes
jbuck

Interesting! went to store, found out that all photos with circular symbol in corner are photo's from the internet "Flicker account" or similar, and will not delete from "Gallery App" on phone; but will have to be deleted from "Flicker" or appropiate on-line site...???

At least this seems plausable, but I will check it out, and report back.

0 Likes
jbuck

I would need help on deleting the fasinate's cache?

0 Likes
jbuck

I would need help deleting cache in fasinate phone.

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

Go to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, at the top choose All, go to Camera and you will see how much is in the cache and the option to Clear cache.

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Not being able to delete pictures can be a real annoyance. Did deleting the pictures in the flickr app help? Can you take a picture from the device and then delete it?

0 Likes
jbuck

The camera works fine as far as I have used it (normal use). What I cannot do is delete pictures in the "gallery" app on phone. These appeared when phone was sync'd initially. These picts have a small circular symbol in the lower left corner of each of these picts resembling a circular recycling Icon and these are the ones that are Un-deletable? If I select any of these a small green check appears on the picture, but when I try to select the DELETE button from tools or the MORE button the Green check disappears and a tag reports to me that "no selection has been made". This keeps cycling  repeatedly without change.

I have been to Verizon stores several times and they are always at a lose to explain or fix? When I bought my phone I also bought an identical facinate for my wife at the same time and were initiated the same time as well and Her Gallery/picture app works fine, including picture deletion?????????????????????

No, the flicker deletion excersize had no effect.

As far as I know I haven't done the recent update that is out, due to all the "Hub-bub" I've read about in related forums?

0 Likes
jbuck

High Smokie: went to both Camera as well as Gallery in "Settings, Applications, etc., and selecting "Running"/and "All" respectively and tried to empty their "cache" but each showed zero amounts of cache therefore the choices were darkened out? weird!

0 Likes