Re: Samsung Fascinate FAQ (Get your Fascinate questions answered here)
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

The Fascinate does beep or chime when it is fully charged (at least mine does).  It only does it once, I believe.  I don't know if there is a setting you have to use for this to occur, but I never set it up that way, and no one at the Verizon store did it to my knowledge, so I assume that is standard on the phone.

I will note that this occurs when the phone is off and I am charging it.  If you are referring to when you have the phone still on, I don't know about that.  I charge my phone at night after I turn it off and I have heard the beep.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

There's a pop up that alerts you but I can't remember if it has a sound or not (I disabled it because it's just annoying).  And the way the Fascinate charges won't allow it to overcharge.  Once it gets to 100%, it stops charging until it drops to about 95% and then tops back off. 

0 Likes
DP007

Yes, the battery charge pop-up does generate a beep (at least on mine).  Thanks for the info. about the Fascinate being unable to overcharge.  That's good to know.

0 Likes
Indianchief
Contributor - Level 1

Camera Zoom........you can zoom using the volume up or down key

0 Likes
jjpslc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here's the solution to having the Fascinate calendar sync with Google Calendar. I've seen numerous people with the problem and had to search alover for the solution.

Even though you've setup Calendar to sync with Google, the default is to have Google Calendar push calendar entries to your phone.

One the phone, the default is to create new entries in "My Calendar" which doesn't get pushed to Google Calendar.

The effect of this is that you end up with a one-way Google to phone sync.

To have phone calendar entries sync to Google, you have to manually specify that when creating the entry:  under the 'Calendar' section in the create event screen, tap 'Calendar' and choose your GMAIL account and not your phone's local "My Calendar."

If someone knows how to set Google Calendar as the default, please post a solution. Maybe Froyo will fix this.

Hat tip to  Herbb623 for the tip found here.     

Also, if you then want to sync to Microsoft Outlook, install Google Calendar Sync and all three calendars are synched.

0 Likes
DukeArchon

Well, I'm glad I figured out how to change my defualt search action, as well as getting my GPS fixed.  Took about 15 minutes from start to finish to get it working.  A de-Binged Fascinate is a wonderful phone.

0 Likes
Noname0293292

I have a problem with my phone turning on every few seconds wile locked. the phone is in good condition.

please help

0 Likes
HarleyDrifter
Contributor - Level 1

Hey PJNC284 great post but I think you should add/edit a few things:

(1) Bing vs. Google - If anyone wants Google all they have to do is bookmark the Google page and then create a shortcut to it:

First create the bookmark by entering www.google.com in the search box and when the Google page displays hit: Home>Menu>Bookmarks>Add>OK.  Next, create a shortcut to it: Home>Add>Shortcuts>Bookmark>Google.  An icon to Google immediately appears on your home screen.  You can do this for any website. One click and you're there.  Oh, and Bing still works by pressing the search key.  You have both.

(2) GPS - The Google Navigator is a little slow to lock in ( a couple minutes sometimes) and the "voice directions" volume is not nearly loud enough, however the $10/month Verizon Navigator is much faster to lock in (5-10 seconds) and the voice directions are louder and clearer too. That being said I'm getting by with the Google one because it's free.  There are also some other cool apps out there for those who want to venture off the roads.

(3) Camera Zoom - Press the volume button and it will zoom while in camera or video mode.  Although it's only a digital zoom so it wont be as clear.  I still get better results by uploading pics to my computer and then zooming and cropping.

(4) Backlit Softtouch Buttons - That was fixed with the DL09 update and mine stays lit for however long I have the display set.

- Just my 2 cents worth.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Yeah, DL09 fixed the short soft touch button backlight interval but being tied to the screen caused more issues.  GPS issues should've been solved with the DL09 update also and the camera zoom was mentioned in one of the other posts but it was after the time frame for editing expired. 

Noname0293292 wrote:

I have a problem with my phone turning on every few seconds wile locked. the phone is in good condition.

please help

The screen just turns on? Are you running a task killer or anything?

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

Noname0293292 wrote:

please help

have you tried a hard reset? android is just like any computer OS in that it does glitch out every once in a while, it just needs that "slap" to get it back on track.

0 Likes