Samsung Fascinate Issues
joejr58

Like a lot of people here, I am having issues with my Fascinate since the upgrade.  I am unable to download new apps from the Android Market or the Amazon Appstore.  I have done a factory reset and it worked ok for awhile but now has reverted to the same problem.  It looks like this upgrade is affecting the Fascinate in all areas of the phones operation.  I just removed my battery 15 minutes ago and am going to re-install the battery and see how the phone works.  This should not be happening.  If Verizon doesn't fix this issue fast, I will have to go and find enough money to buy an iPhone 4 since I just bought this phone last November.  BTW, my daughter has a Fascinate also and is having her phone doing freaky things too.  Verizon had better fix this or they will be losing some customers or like me they will drop their Androids and get an iPhone.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Fascinate Issues
randallg

Verizon could care less about whether you keep your fascinate or switch to the iphone...either way they get your $$$$ (unless you cancel and go with ATT) and afterall, that's all they care about!  They have hooked you and are reeling you in forever.  I hope Samsung & V step up and make some attempt at correcting some or all of the problems with the un-Fascinate....Unfortunately, they are spending their time creating new phones and getting ready to pull the Fascinate and others from their line up this Fall.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Good morning, joejr58!

We certainly DO care that you have a working phone!  Understand, Verizon Wireless continues to work with Samsung to bring the latest software on the Fascinate.  Engineering software fixes has earned a mistaken reputation of being easy to diagnose and correct. I have great regard for the software teams at Samsung as they tackle software issues, not just for Verizon Wireless but for any carrier as a product goes to launch.

The Market issue is something new I have not come across. Please provide me with more details on the process you take to download an app and what happens when it fails. Like any error messages, force closes, reboots, etc.  

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

0 Likes
iggyst00ge

It's worth pointing out that the Fascinate doesn't have a vanilla version of Android on it.  Samsung tweaked the interface and Verizon and Microsoft have their own applications installed in the place of some of the standard Android/Google apps.

Have we reached the tipping point where Verizon and Bing bloatware is finally causing enough issues with specific phones to scare people away from them?  

Chris

0 Likes