Samsung Fascinate: More and more problems!
nikki100223

I bought my Fascinate about 3 months ago, at first it was fine, but recently I have been having nothing but problems with it. Its constantly freezing, and I keep getting error messages that pop up whenever I try to use an app, which usually say "unexpected error" If I need to use my video camera, or take a regular picture I have to restart my phone, if I don't I get a message that says "cannot record video" and when I'm taking regular pictures the photos don't save, unless I shut my phone off before I use the camera. I've called Verizon several times regarding the problems I have been having, and all the say is take the battery out, wait a minute and it should be fine...Obviously its not fine, because I shouldn't have to constantly take the battery out!! Is anyone else having these problems??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Fascinate: More and more problems!
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for the feedback. We certainly want the issues resolved you been having with your device. If the suggestions provided are not resolving the issue, you can always request a warranty replacement option. A warranty replacement covers your device for one year from manufacture defects not related to physical or water damage, etc. The common trouble shooting steps were offered to address the concerns but go up from there to correct the matter up until replacing the device. We will be sending a message to the OP to inquire if the matter has been addressed with the device.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not problems just opportunities ! I say they owe you another phone if it still keeps happening like you say. Talk to them on phone and go through the process of them trying to fix it and they will send you a replacement. I hate dealing with them in the stores

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

If you have added many apps. to your phone I would suggest removing all apps. that you added, remove battery 10 minutes not 1. If after this problem reoccurs phone is junk and should be replaced...in my humble opinion.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
Take it back and ask for a replacement
0 Likes
sandystorm

Just junk it and buy a new one of a different manufacture

0 Likes
someyoungguy
what do you have against the fascinate, did samsung personally do you wrong, did vzw do you wrong, I dont think so, they sold you a great samsung phone if you even have a fascinate, maybe it was sold under false pretense you would get froyo soon, like some people have complained of on here, when I got my phone I had no clue of what froyo was or was told I would get a os update till I joined forums, so I dont know why you would give the advice to junk it or buy a new one
0 Likes
sandystorm

someyoungguy wrote:
what do you have against the fascinate, did samsung personally do you wrong, did vzw do you wrong, I dont think so, they sold you a great samsung phone if you even have a fascinate, maybe it was sold under false pretense you would get froyo soon, like some people have complained of on here, when I got my phone I had no clue of what froyo was or was told I would get a os update till I joined forums, so I dont know why you would give the advice to junk it or buy a new one

Because I did say just junk it because if people want to costantly complain just get rid of it and research the next phone before buying then they shouldn't have a complaint. And young guy I am getting another brand as soon as it comes out because I dont trust Samsung anymore but trust Verizon

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for the feedback. We certainly want the issues resolved you been having with your device. If the suggestions provided are not resolving the issue, you can always request a warranty replacement option. A warranty replacement covers your device for one year from manufacture defects not related to physical or water damage, etc. The common trouble shooting steps were offered to address the concerns but go up from there to correct the matter up until replacing the device. We will be sending a message to the OP to inquire if the matter has been addressed with the device.

0 Likes
sophie4402

I would walk right into a verizon store and tell it to them like you're saying it here.  Unfortunately in this day and time you don't get anything if you don't get mean

0 Likes
JessiJess

I just bought this phone on Sunday and it has been doing the very same thing.  How did you fix the problem?

0 Likes